Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, finally... after gathering parts and waiting.. I dunno 2-3 years... Its finally happening. My brother got a wild hair to build another mud truck, this was after building one on tractor tires AND buying a motor home and re-doing it completely... I was like, wtf... when we doing my Bronco?! I helped him with all his crap... Now its my turn...

4" lift, 6" pro comp leaf springs - I didn't want blocks. New shocks. 4.56 gears. New Poly bushings in the front.

AND no crap about the rear end being lifted like it is. Its held by a crane that has check valves...it won't go up or down without the controller... Not to say there was NO way it would fall, but it would be damn near impossible for the crane to drop. Its used to pick up heavy CAT tractor shit. Besides that, we were very conscious to not be under it and stay safe. I'm very aware of accidents... I'm the girl that got ran over and dragged down the road... we always stay safe as possible.

Anyhow, I'll post pics when its done. I can tell you though, when we did the front, its already higher than I thought it would be. Especially for a girl that's 5'6". :haha

Attachments

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,355 Posts
welcome back my friends to the show that never ends, we're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside!

hope it goes better than you can imagine hon'! :beer

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
mels do you know magic or something? the rear of your Bronco is just floating in air. Can you teach me this trick cause it would save so much jack time lol

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OH its totally magic. :) That's how we roll here at, The Compound... aka, where I stays at.

I drove it. :) Unfortunately, as some from the member's forum know, I haven't been doing too well health wise, so I couldn't hang til he totally got done... I got 3 hours sleep last night and by this afternoon, I was done...

So tomorrow I"ll get it out on some flat ground and take some pics.

Its a little high in the back, because of the new springs... the front coils were used, so they're already settled. OH and I forgot to mention the rear has a full spool... The 4.56 gears made a total difference in the 460. Brutus will roast both rear tires with little encouragement... before with the 3.55s, it just wouldn't do it.

Anyhow. :) Yeah... hehehe.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,355 Posts
hope you get to running 1/2 as well sweety! ;) Gonna feel good to get out there and romp around a bit when your up to it. :rockon

I like the rear to sit a little high myself. Not hot-rod high... but a little incline isn't bad and keeps it closer to level if your haulin' anything heavy. :toothless

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,785 Posts
Can you teach me this trick cause it would save so much jack time lol
Really Larry?

hope you get to running 1/2 as well sweety! ;) Gonna feel good to get out there and romp around a bit when your up to it. :rockon
x2

I like the rear to sit a little high myself. Not hot-rod high... but a little incline isn't bad and keeps it closer to level if your haulin' anything heavy. :toothless
x2 again,maybe around an inch or less in a bronco. I am sure the springs will settle out some too.

·
Thanks 351w500
5,446 Posts
I knew someone was going to read that and think of something else.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
your such a tease:toothless

·
Registered
192 Posts
Got any more pic's? I like what you have done so far.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts