Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
'93 XLT 5.8 E40D Emerald Green
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where there may be an IMAGE of a Gen 5 Bronco with a 2" front lift ONLY (leveling kit)? One with 32" tires would be a real bonus!!

Thanks yet again, folks!

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,676 Posts
Just some advice here... Don't do a leveling kit. Do the 2" suspension lift. The reason for this is when you put a spacer or longer spring in, without spacing the axle beam pivot points down, you'll have a horrible time getting it aligned and it will ride like poop.

Now, do you think you'll ever want to go higher? If so, maybe you should opt for a 4" lift. 33s go well with a 4". Just sayin, cause we've all been there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just some advice here... Don't do a leveling kit. Do the 2" suspension lift. The reason for this is when you put a spacer or longer spring in, without spacing the axle beam pivot points down, you'll have a horrible time getting it aligned and it will ride like poop.

Now, do you think you'll ever want to go higher? If so, maybe you should opt for a 4" lift. 33s go well with a 4". Just sayin, cause we've all been there.

Hey, 'm certain that you've seen and/or tried it all, lol.

And with that great info in mind, I'm gonna' stick with 32x11.50s on the stock height. It just sounds SO much easier and less troublesome for the bit 4 wheeling I'll ever try and do with it, lol. Just being honest. I'm old.

Thanks again, Big Blue.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
353 Posts
I’m old too! I’ve been looking at replacing front springs with JBG leveling and new shocks. Running 33X12.5X15s and only slight rub the bumper at full turn.

I love the stance of a 4” lift. I’m still deciding 2 or 4. I think I’ll go for 4” knees be damned!

·
Registered
108 Posts
@BigBlue 94
Is dead on about leveling coils for the front. I'm dealing with this issue currently. I threw some leveling coils and adjustable camber bushings in as a quick way to get 35s under my 86. Even with the bushings cranked to the max, camber is visibily off. I think its about 2-2.5 degrees out even with the camber bushings maxed out.

This makes the truck handle poorly especially at highway speeds, it will definitely accelerate wear on the outside edge of your tires too. Its not terrible for me because my truck is mostly used for offroading or cruising around town with the top off at low speeds.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And that ^^^^ is that! Thank you, Sirs. My decision, for the time being (and I'm not getting any younger) is to leave it alone and eventually go 32x11.50.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,676 Posts
One option not referenced yet is getting new stock height springs. After 25+ years, the factory ones have no doubt lost a little height. Putting new ones in will raise the front a smidgen and give a bit more clearance.

Reactions: Joecruiser

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
One option not referenced yet is getting new stock height springs. After 25+ years, the factory ones have no doubt lost a little height. Putting new ones in will raise the front a smidgen and give a bit more clearance.
Well, surprisingly, it sits VERY well! You tell me?

$$ my bronco July 4 2020f.jpg

·
Eric
2,607 Posts
@BigBlue 94
Is dead on about leveling coils for the front. I'm dealing with this issue currently. I threw some leveling coils and adjustable camber bushings in as a quick way to get 35s under my 86. Even with the bushings cranked to the max, camber is visibily off. I think its about 2-2.5 degrees out even with the camber bushings maxed out.

This makes the truck handle poorly especially at highway speeds, it will definitely accelerate wear on the outside edge of your tires too. Its not terrible for me because my truck is mostly used for offroading or cruising around town with the top off at low speeds.
This ^^^.

I installed some Superlift 1.5" leveling coils and was informed by a very reputable alignment shop (used for lifting SEMA vehicles I had worked on in the past for an off-road company) that the largest camber bushing I could install, without having joint binding at full-hang, was a 3*. I installed the bushings and still have positive camber. It's out by, like, .5-1*. You can find 3.5* bushings, but I was informed those would cause the joint-binding issues.

From a further discussion on the matter, I learned that if you have a factory-installed 0* bushing originally, then you can do leveling coils and a 3* bushing without issue. However, if you have 1.5* bushings that are factory (what mine were), then you will have still have a camber issue after the 3* bushing install. Basically, if your truck wasn't near-perfect alignment rolling off the assembly line, with all the factory components installed, then you will encounter those binding/alignment issues when you rebuild your suspension with a leveling kit. The jigs and forming process that were used, when manufacturing the TTB assemblies, weren't always perfect. This is what results in different alignment bushings being utilized at the factory. They needed to account for the manufacturing variances. One option, if you don't have a 0* bushing TTB from the factory, is to check out some JY's and search for a TTB set-up that does have them. While this does not guarantee that the variance is not resultant from your vehicle's chassis/suspension components and their assembled locations, using a 0* TTB assembly will ensure you have the greatest chance of success with alignment after a leveling kit install. Basically, the smaller the camber bushing that was needed to be used to align your vehicle at the factory, the better your odds of making a leveling kit work without issues.

Just my $0.02.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WAIT!! Is this the same one you just got for next to nothing that I commented on about sitting with one side to the Sun? This looks fantastic!

Hello, KCD. Yes Sir, same one. Amazing what the detailers and changing the headlights/taillights out can do.

$$ my bronco July 7f 2020f.jpg $$ my bronco July 7b 2020f.jpg

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
353 Posts
So to try to avoid alignment issues, the 2” suspension lift is best? I know they’ll always be issues with the TTB no matter what you do.

Is Superlift the way to go?

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs. 94 Bronco 5.0/E4OD/1356/3.50 gears.
357 Posts
To avoid alignment issues, you can do a 4" lift and get cut and turned beams and do it right? They're $350/pair. Hard to make excuses not to do that, I even have a spare set for cores I need to exhange.

I'd also reccomend extended radius arms over drop brackets.

I'd stay stock, on 33's before I did a 2" lift.

·
Addicted to Junk
12,676 Posts
So to try to avoid alignment issues, the 2” suspension lift is best? I know they’ll always be issues with the TTB no matter what you do.

Is Superlift the way to go?
Correct. The drop brackets keep the geometries correct, or close to it.

With a 2" lift, drop brackets on the radius arms are fine. Start going above that, and the extended radius arms really shine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts