Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I have been talking about moving. She mentioned that her cousin lives in Suwanee, Ga.

We got to talking about it and it seems like it is far enough away from Atlanta, but close enough if I needed to work there.

Any first hand experience? Any other suggestions? Places? Any town/suburb better than another?

I'm up for pretty much anything, I HATE where I work and am ready for a change in scenery.

I've been in TX since 1991 and frankly I'm tired of all the barren everything. I'm ready for some green grass and tall trees:toothless

·
F*ck 'em all
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,927 Posts
Another big dealer out that way is in Winder - Akins. They do Dodge and Ford. Worked inventory out there once and their place is huge, too. I think Tim Stewart is IN Atlanta, but most all the dealers around the metro area are pretty decent sized places. Not your dinky little 3 man crew dealers.

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Cumming is nicer than Duluth and if your sick of the flat the further north you go from the city (without going east) you get in to the foothills of the Appalachians.

To me Duluth is over crowed and Gwinnett County's crime rate is going through the roof. In fact, I'm watching the news right now, Someone shot in Atlanta and someone in Gwinnett.

Anyway if it were me and you are looking for thriving dealerships and a nice area you should consider Roswell, Alpharetta, Cumming, Dawsonville, etc. (those are in order from south to north, the first being about 15 mins. from Atlanta and the last being about 45 mins. north of Atlanta)

·
Service before Self
136 Posts
Tellico and Beasley Knob is the close ORV areas. The best parts is less than 2 hours from the Cumming area..:thumbup

http://www.tellico4x4.com/tellico-info-main.php

http://www.fs.fed.us/conf/rec/ohv/beasley.shtml
I thought tellico got closed by the tree huggers. Maybe I got my parks mixed up...?

There are some GREAT places just north of me in Dawson, Lumpkin, & White. If I want a day trip with some difficulty (read: Rolled my '97 F-250 down the side of the mountain up there because of some washboard, speed and stupidity) I head up to the US Forestry roads just outside of Helen. You can literally drive from there to walking distance of the Appalachian trail head. Its about an hour from Cumming....

·
Registered
47 Posts
i live in buford like 5 miles right outside suwanee. its a crowded little city, traffic is killer sometimes, its about 30 min drive to atlanta from suwanee, not a bad drive at all. biggest problem for me is i cant find any wheelin places around here

1 - 20 of 29 Posts