Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the short wheelbase ( 104" Bronco? ) better for snow plowing? than a long bed would be?
also how well do divorced transfer cases hold up for this? or would my Broncos set up be better (married)

OK this is why I ask, I like the looks of the short wheel base of my 78 Bronco

Now I also have this 76 F250 Highboy4x4 to fix and would like to use it as a plow truck in the winter and also be able to 4 wheel it if i want too, or need to use it as a recovery vehicle for my Bronco? either way I want two
(just greedy that way)

Now the F250 also has hydraulic steering and front leafs is that good or bad??
I was told the F250 has a 390? but I think its a 360? again is this good or bad? and my 78 Bronco has a 351W with a blower and nitrous
now the thing that has me in a quandary is??
should I just take all the best parts and put into one truck?
and take whats left and make another truck for a DD?
Help me out my Brothers? I really need some guidance here?
what should I do to have at least one bad ass truck out of the parts I have now? can it be done or am I missing something and need to start looking for it
Or maybe I should ask what would you guys do with what I got? I'm lost
should I just leave the truck as is, or shorten up the wheel base and leave it as is, or combine all the good stuff into one and see whats left??
Thanks.......Salt-Man

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Sell 'em both and buy a shortbed 4x4...... Where could you possibly pick one of those up at.......Lemme think a bit on that.....

You have to much motor for making the Bronco a plow truck. I'd put a plow on the 250 and go. That T-case will hold up fine. Finish putting the Bronco back together and DD it. Nothing better than taking the top off on a nice summer day.

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sell 'em both and buy a shortbed 4x4...... Where could you possibly pick one of those up at.......Lemme think a bit on that.....
You Dick!!! now that was just wrong :histerica :goodfinge
so what you are saying is to stop putting too much thought into this. and just finish what I've started!!
you are probably right.
I just want to do this right the first time! I am just sick of always working on them and not enjoying them
so i want to have something that is able to handle anything I throw at it !
I do want two trucks! that is a definite
and more and likely I will do just what you said? trust me I've been thinking it
but I just wanted to throw this out here and see what everyone thinks
SHOOT ME I'm Bored!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Ranger

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
this a plow vechile just for your property?

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this a plow vechile just for your property?
Yes and No, yes I want to plow my own driveway. but maybe use it to pick up small side jobs as well?
the whole reason I asked this was?
I like short beds
I was not sure how the divorced transfer would hold up
Basicaly I was looking for a good reason to combine the best parts of both and make one great truck and one to beat the shat out of????
I will just leave well enough alone and fix what I got already
instead of making more work and Fawking up a good truck

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
well, your in NY so you need those blasted yearly safety inspections, those blow donkey. if you were just plowing your own driveway, I personally would go find a early 80's bronco with a 4 speed. get some decent tires on it and beat it to hell. it's cheap to keep those basic engine/vechiles running.

I would not want to drive my pre 80's rigs in the winter up there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think it would be fun to plow with the Bronco while the nitrous is on hehehehe!!! Sorry I'm just a bit of a nitrous junkie.

I do agree with Ranger though. I think the truck would make a better plow vehicle than the Bronco. All the extra power in the Bronk would make it hard to keep from spinning the tires on snow, and ice, plus I imagine the truck probably has a little more weight behind it. Should make a damn nice snowplow / offroad toy.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Why the hell do you need laughing gas and a blower on the bronco? Are you planning on racing it? I would use the truck as the plow, plus you could make a setup (for your side jobs) and make a salt spreader in the bed. This would also provide more weight on the rear for plowing.

BTW, I dont like nitrous, I think that power should be made the old fashon way, more cubes and if you need more forced induction, not chemically. :goodfinge

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why the hell do you need laughing gas and a blower on the bronco?
Well if you have to ask :duh
Because its Funny that's why :histerica
if you really must know I'll tell you
when I decided to go 4x4 I was into going fast in the 1/4 mile
I already had all this stuff from my street Gasser project that I sold to go Bronk!
I figured I would try and get the best of both worlds (much like I am trying here? I think I see a pattern?)
it was cheaper to use what I already had
I always have to color outside the lines and be different
:goodfingeI just thought it would be friggin COOL THATS WHY!!!!! :smilie_slap

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK I never said I wanted to plow with the Bronco!
I was looking for a reason to combine all the things I like about both trucks into one!
I am not doing it!
I get it!
It was stupid!
I'm bored what can I say
I dont drink. I dont smoke and its to damn cold to go work in the garage!
CAN YOU EVER FORGIVE ME??:goodfinge:goodfinge:goodfinge
OH SHUT THE FUG UP! ITS OVER GO HOME NOW!!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
What front axle does the F250 have? I'm looking at those 8-lug wheels, and I'm thinking they may be better suited for all that extra weight a plow will put on the front. Also like it was suggested, longer wheelbase means more weight in the back, which should keep the COG moving too outta whack like it would on a short wheel base vehicle.

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
but plowing a bronco's short WB is nice to turn and manuver around.

for the snow your getting in lakeport, use a newer style bronco as a pos plow truck. save the old ones.

·
Registered
231 Posts
As already said, the longer wheelbase is better for plowing. Heck, make the highboy your daily driver AND plowtruck, and keep the Bronco with its short wheelbase, for playing offroad.:thumbup

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As already said, the longer wheelbase is better for plowing. Heck, make the highboy your daily driver AND plowtruck, and keep the Bronco with its short wheelbase, for playing offroad.:thumbup
That's what I am going to do! :whiteflag
I'll make the Bronk for beating up off road and tearing up the streets
I'll keep the F250 for the heavy work and off road recovery

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
I got a novel idea. get off your lazy ass and head over to home depot, lowes, or chase pitkin's and buy a shovel. :goodfinge

1 - 20 of 39 Posts