Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our gauge usually read between the "O" and the "R" in "Normal" and today it has gone up to the middle of the "M". The only thing I can think of that has changed is that I put the AC condensor back in and it sits in front of the Radiator so it might be hindering air flow..

Does anyone know of the gauges not being right or dodgy? The bronco got warm about 6 weeks ago and I changed the T-stat and it's been fine until today..

Any ideas? Things to check? The clutch fan has good resistance so I believe it's good..

Thanx all.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I got one good idea......get yourself some good after market gauges...I went with the AutoMeters this way you will have a much better idea of whats going on. These things (Broncos) have some notoriously crappy stock temp and oil pressure gauges.
Here is what I did.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Not bad. I have stock ones that usually read 1/3. Got up to the L when I had a leaking radiator tube. Also got up when I had a bad heater core and all the coolant evaporated or leaked on my floorboard. Was running low and engine temp got high very quickly. Both instances were due to low coolant levels. Might want to check coolant levels if you haven't already.

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check coolant levels..

I was thinking about the aftermarket gauges as well.. I want an oil, temp, and volts..

Did you go electrical on the gauges or mechanical?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Streetgang...I'm not too keen on the A-pillar idea. I really like your setup. How hard/easy is it to look down periodically since it's not in your line of sight when driving?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts