Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new temp gauge (Mechanical) To install. I want to keep my electrical factory gauge. So what I need to know is if there is a plug in the block somewhere so that I can use the supplied 1/2'' npt in. It's a 94 5.0

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
There is an aftermarket thermostat housing you can with a removable plug in the top of it. I don't know the exact thread size that it is, but at the most you could get an adapter for it. Some have even removed their existing housing and drilled and tapped it for the sender.

·
Administrator
22,840 Posts
There is an aftermarket thermostat housing you can with a removable plug in the top of it. I don't know the exact thread size that it is, but at the most you could get an adapter for it. Some have even removed their existing housing and drilled and tapped it for the sender.
x2 my bronco had the plug already installed in the t/stat housing when I bought it.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked at the housing and there is a raised up flat spot with a hole in the middle. Guess I could drill and tap it maybe. Just caint believe there isn't a plug in a head or somewhere like a chevy.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking around and found a lot of people on othe sites saying the throttle bodie coolant line is best. What do you guys think. I dont think I want it in front of the thermostat where I have to wait for it to open for a reading.

·
Premium Member
9,984 Posts
The lower throttle body cooling tube with rubber hose goes to the "octagonal tree" and mates to another metal tube in the tree along with the ECT = engine cooling temp sensor and the tree threads into the lower intake manifold.....I can't say whether it will or won't work but give it a try, the cooling tubes were designed more to heat the TB and fuel in colder regions....

I put together a similar device like the one in the picture above with parts I got from Lowe's as a T splice for the upper TB cooling tube down to the heater hose, it replaced the OEM metal T there....www.supermotors.net/17406 titled Brass T dtd 9/11/08

The overall problem with the TB tubes and T splice are they're metal which rust and dissolve causing leaks, same for the small tube in the Tree.....I drilled and tappend in 3/8 threads using a short 3/8 brass tube that threads in perfectly and makes dissasembly much easier....rather then having to turn the distributor out of the way to unscrew the octagonal tree from the lower intake manifold.....

Keep us posted on what you do.....

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts