Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok , temp guage keeps going into the red , top hose fairly cool , no leaks , runs and starts good (no dieseling noise like its hot) holds pressure , clutch fan ?? Guage ?? 91 5.8 , just scary driving it like that , can't use search on my phone sorry

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
If the top radiator hose is cool after you ran the engine then your T-sat is not functioning or it's in backwards so pull it out and test it in hot water to see if it opens and if not replace it with the correct temp degree, mine is 195* AND while you're at it "backflush" the cooling system with plain water until it flushes out clean, wash any re-useable hoses in detergent, clean out the over flow tank, replace the old radiator cap with a new one then top off with good quality anti-freeze and you'll be good to go for a while.

Why take chances with your engine....:rofl:

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not cool but not super hot , can see antifreeze running , gonna change everything , been sitting a while and its gotta be my daily driver

·
Premium Member
9,989 Posts
If you have the time and energy...lol lol...pull off the "box" under the dash around the heater core and look inside to see if you have any leaks or corrosion and clean it out, replace the HC if necessary.

With backflushing, clean or new HC you'll have really nice heat for the winter....:doh0715:

Good Luck ~ :thumbup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts