Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Terminator again

well scott calls me up on his way back from moab yesterday saying he wanted to go wheeling today. we met up with some guys wanting to run crown king but I suggested running terminator the other day since scott hasent done it yet and we wanted something harder than crown king so the 2 of us took off to run terminator.

the trail itself is only a little over 1/2 mile but takes you a good 2 hours to through it. I always end up leading the tough trails and trying the wrong lines til I find one that works. I got hung up on the Z-turn pretty good and wedged my bumper into a rock and layed the slider on another bolder so I could move more than a couple inches forward or backward. finally with some rock stacking and some rocking of the truck I was able to back up. in the process of doing that my tire fell off the ledge and the truck came crashing down on the slider HARD!! It was one of those bone jaring on my god time slams. I ended bending the slider a little bit on the outer tube, but damn it took the full weight of the truck slaming super hard to tweek it. once I got in the right line the rear tire slipped a little and through the body into the rocks and did some pretty good damage. scott bent is slider to doing the same thing but had a little more trouble getting lined up with those wide ass boggers and steering problems that developed. On the next obstical I tryed going up and over like last time but the recent rain made the hole at the bottom bigger and I managed to get it high centered pretty good thus smashing my t-case skid into the t-case. scott went around and winched me off from the front, in the process of winching I bent my front bumper.

fun challaging trail and pretty much going to get some sort of body damge on it.

here are some pics, some kinda suck, my camera was wigging out.

trying to make it through the z-turn

wedged the bumper in a rock

wadding up the body

scott entering the z-turn

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

stuck

going around to pull me out

pissed off scorpion, bastard tryed to bite me, then went for a death ride on scotts tire

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
someone needs some 37s!! :goodfinge :goodfinge

never thought id see your pretty body get scarred up like that :cry

looks awesome dustin, wish i had a clean bronco like that!!

wes

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want 37s!

never thought id see your pretty body get scarred up like that
yeah well cant stay on the ***** trails all the time ya know
how long did that scropion last with scott driving
not long :toothless

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bronkzilla said:
great pictures.. got any more?
nope thats pretty much it, I took some of the sameri guys coming up behind us but they are all dark and cant see much. one of them flopped it on its side and almost did it again at the z-turn, had to donate them a quart of oil for the thing

·
FSB's Bastard Child
2,047 Posts
Damn Dustin, the more i see your truck in action, the more i want to build mine like that.

Looks awesome.

About the rain Cracks in the other post....Fill it with silicone, and just make sure that it stays....I have to replace the silicone about every 6-8 months on my truck to make sure it doesnt leak.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will get a picture of the bent slider, it didnt bend that much and really is only noticable if your under the truck looking at it. I really impressed with how it held up, I nailed that thing so hard it felt like I ripped it off the frame.

also while I was washing the mud off the truck tonight I saw the crossmember was just hammered, the skid is wasted and the crossmember is bent and pushed back a bit. time to get a real skid on there I guess.

on the crack deal I already filled it with silicone but still leaking, Im pulling the top tomarrow to see what I can do about it.

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
thats some nice carnage!! i guess one of your next mods needs to be full undercarraige skid plates!! i surprised your t-case skid plate is still alive, mine was all fawked up and i didnt do near as hardcore of wheeling as you!

and that slider bend isnt bad considering a 5000 lb vehicle put all of its weight on it!! nice pics

wes

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah Im going to be working on a t-case skid

here is one of the zuks that rolled over earleir then tryed to do it again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts