Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, this is my first post here and im sad it has to be about a problem. After about 55 60mph, the car shakes pretty bad and it hard to control, it sways alot and there is alot of play in the steering wheel. I bought an 87 bronco tonight with 33 x 15 x 14.5in MT hp's, with a 3in body lift and a 2in skyjacker lift with add a leaf in the back. it also has new rancho shocks all the way around and two rancho steering stabilizers... i have all the reciepts for this and even a receipt for an alignment and balance....

What could i look into first? Im pretty stumped, i have yet to inspect throughly but id like to know what i should check in the daylight tomorrow.

thanks!

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,075 Posts
Tie rod ends, ball joints..even if it was aligned and these were bad you're going to have problems.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,830 Posts
also having a 14.5 wide tire doesnt help one bit. do like oscar said and try a different set of tires. have someone turn the steering wheel while you inspect the front end, if the steering moves more then the tires then your ti rods are shot .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts