Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it had the v6, auto. its a comfortable truck, rides good over bumps. a/c was somewhat cold, nice ifinity sound system. it was blue and silver, they wanted 7k for it. the biggest complaint from me on it is the damn truck has no power at all!! its soo damn slow compared to the bronco. i was turing around, not moving and had the wheel turned all the way to the left, floored it, and it could barely squeel the inside tire. it was dissapointing. and the gas mileage for a auto is only 14 city 18 hwy. i already get that with the bronco.

the truck wouldnt even spin a tire from a standstill.

im looking at a yelllow one also for 6 k

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I have a 2000 V6 Dakota ext cab with stick. I can smoke (one wheel/ 30x9.5r15) all the way down the street. Too easily in turns. Stupid light ass back end! 175HP baby Yeah.
You want a dakota to kick some ass with? Mopar makes a 528 crate motor and all the hardware to stick it UNDER the hood of a Dakota. But plan your routes around gas stations and tire shops.:goodfinge

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WasACop3436 said:
I have a 2000 V6 Dakota ext cab with stick. I can smoke (one wheel/ 30x9.5r15) all the way down the street. Too easily in turns. Stupid light ass back end! 175HP baby Yeah.
You want a dakota to kick some ass with? Mopar makes a 528 crate motor and all the hardware to stick it UNDER the hood of a Dakota. But plan your routes around gas stations and tire shops.:goodfinge
how good is ure gas mileage?

even with a auto, the v6 should still be able tobreak the tires loose?

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Should be easier, just power brake it a bit. Plus the torque converter lets the engine spool up, while I'd have to dump the clutch in my manual truck.

Oh yeah, get a manual if you can. =P

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
my friend has a dodge dakota with the 318 in it. He can smoke the $hit out of them tires!

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
buy a diesel

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
find me one for 6k in good condition

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,191 Posts
if ya find one, get a stick. dodge's auto trannies are worse than Fords. trust me, my dakota's died maybe 300 miles after i started driving it (had 122K on it).

if i were you, and had the cash, drop an M5OD in your bronco.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,738 Posts
It shouldn't feel dead, though. Ya gotta have a truck that can get the hell out of it's own way. Otherwise I just wouldn't feel safe.

Not as bad as an old 2.8L (ticking time-bomb) 4x4 S-10/Blazer, is it? :D My friend back home had one; had to be the slowest piece of metal on the road.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts