Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys, I thought I'd tag along on this thread. I'm new to this forum as well, although I've had my Bronco for about 2.5 years. It's a '94 5.0L XLT. I don't know much about working on vehicles, but I am a very quick learner. I've always wanted to work on my Bronco, but I was afraid I'd mess it up and then not have anything to drive to work. I just bought a new car, so that means that I'm free to do anything I want to the Bronco (except to sell it despite all the pressure I'm getting to do so).

Anyway, I'm really interested in learning how to take the transmission off and see if anything needs replacing. I also would like to know what kind of upgrades on the exhaust give you the most bang for your buck. And for the engine, I would like to know how all the different components affect the whole, i.e. vacuum system, electrical, belts, etc...

If anyone can give me any tips on how best to navigate through this forum, I'd greatly appreciate it.

BTW, I live in the Houston area.

MarcoPolo

·
RIP Spring Creek Off Road
6,012 Posts
MarcoPolo said:
Hey guys, I thought I'd tag along on this thread. I'm new to this forum as well, although I've had my Bronco for about 2.5 years. It's a '94 5.0L XLT. I don't know much about working on vehicles, but I am a very quick learner. I've always wanted to work on my Bronco, but I was afraid I'd mess it up and then not have anything to drive to work. I just bought a new car, so that means that I'm free to do anything I want to the Bronco (except to sell it despite all the pressure I'm getting to do so).

Anyway, I'm really interested in learning how to take the transmission off and see if anything needs replacing. I also would like to know what kind of upgrades on the exhaust give you the most bang for your buck. And for the engine, I would like to know how all the different components affect the whole, i.e. vacuum system, electrical, belts, etc...

If anyone can give me any tips on how best to navigate through this forum, I'd greatly appreciate it.

BTW, I live in the Houston area.

MarcoPolo
welcome to you too... i'm in spring.... best bet for learning to navigate the site is to go through each section and read all the stickies posted at the top of each forum... tons o good info:beer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts