Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help trying to find a transmission for my car. If anyone sees one of these lying around:

(preferably without the funny looking people)
Please let me know!

I've been searching junkyards to no avail. The condition of the transmission doesn't matter as long as it's the 5-speed manual. I'm going to rebuild it, but I have to have one to rebuild and can't afford to be driving the truck around the whole time I spend rebuilding mine.

BTW, I bent one of my rims in MW :p

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, nah Those are just some pics I found via google. Looks like circa 1985. I wasn't even born.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Try car-parts.com IT lists all junks yards and you can search by parts. whats wrong with your?? A buddy of mine is a master slob (saab) tech??

·
o[|||]o
11,146 Posts
Ubermich said:
lol, nah Those are just some pics I found via google. Looks like circa 1985. I wasn't even born.
likely story.... :rofl: j/k

·
Registered
213 Posts
Ubermich said:
Now I feel old... where's my walker... ah there it is *climbs into his 78 Bronco*

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
StormCaller said:
Now I feel old... where's my walker... ah there it is *climbs into his 78 Bronco*
Yeah, me too. I was almost 20 back then. And now here we are more than 20 years later....

Anyway, I don't know any salvage yards out there, but there are quite a few on Jefferson Ave. in Grand Prairie. Don't know if they have any Saabs, though.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
skittles said:
Try car-parts.com IT lists all junks yards and you can search by parts. whats wrong with your?? A buddy of mine is a master slob (saab) tech??
My tranny is ~300k miles old. The synchros are in BAD shape and first and second gear are pretty sorry too (think I'm missing about 3 teeth total). The c900 trannies are pretty much like the E4ODs in that, if you get over 200k out of them you are GOLD... so my 300k is something along the lines of seeing bigfoot.

Although, if you wouldn't mind, could you ask your buddy if he knows anywhere to find the engine and main wiring harnesses for less than $1000? (Saab comps show retail being $1040 for JUST the engine harness. At that price I could custom wire everything and put some badass extras in...)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
Is THIS what you're lookin' for???

:scratchhe

·
Registered
100 Posts
ok I found a complete Saab c900 dark navy blue for sale 850 and it has no rust and tranny works.if interested i have the guy's number.by the by its on 59 north of houston near cutandshoot.texas:chili: let me know man.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
89Snowflakebranco said:
ok I found a complete Saab c900 dark navy blue for sale 850 and it has no rust and tranny works.if interested i have the guy's number.by the by its on 59 north of houston near cutandshoot.texas:chili: let me know man.
Is it a turbo model? Does it run? Thanks for noticing!

Tomh971 said:
Is THIS what you're lookin' for???

:scratchhe
Nope. That's for the NG900. The GM V6 is a whole different beast from the SAAB 2.0L I4.

six7seta said:
there is a saab junkyard in dallas if i remeber right... Im sure they have a few laying around.
OOOO! Where!? Where!?

·
Registered
100 Posts
:scratchhe i believe so i can find out monday and ill post again.

·
Registered
100 Posts
ok here it is what i know as of monday motor start but wont idle the guy didnt know if it was turbo or not what would have marked as turbo>???

·
Registered
100 Posts
hey my buddy who was one of the guys that looked at it with me said it was turbo

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you get me his contact info? I'm interested.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts