Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
ok, pictures of my mess.

here is the mech. temp gauge in place of the "gauge sending unit". the mech probe is in blue, and the old "gauge sending unit" is in red.

now this is what i just came upon...what i think may be the gauge sending unit in red.

· Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
Yes, you removed the wrong one. Looks like you realized that by the second picture. :rofl:

· Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
I think the stalling is ignition-related. Usually, but not always, EGR troubles will cause surging, hesitation, rough running,etc. before stalling a vehicle. The EGR should be easier to troubleshoot, anyway. NM the neutral saftey switch code for now. You can also bump the timing.

· Registered
260 Posts
The EGR code 33 is pretty simple to check using the Haynes manual, your checking to see if you have +5v and the checking the ohms across 2 pins. More than likely yours did the same thing as mine and the diaphragm inside the EGR valve got stuck. I was able to push on it with a screw driver from the holes on the bottom of the valve (you don't need to take it off).

· Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I think the stalling is ignition-related. Usually, but not always, EGR troubles will cause surging, hesitation, rough running,etc. before stalling a vehicle. The EGR should be easier to troubleshoot, anyway. NM the neutral saftey switch code for now. You can also bump the timing.
hm..i have noticed hesitation. ill check that out.
i read through the whole timing bump and ignition thread and picked out the best parts from summit.

i just put the ECT back in, and i felt like a retard the whole time for doing it in the first place :duh

well thanks for all the help you guys. here is the summit order

Ignition Module, 9-Pin,
Autolite Spark Plug, Copper Core,
MSD Ignition Coil,
MSD Cap and Rotor,
Taylor Spark Plug Wires,

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.