Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got an email from Bronco Rob today. All I could say was Holy $h!t. You guys raised over $1500 for my family and me and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Paypal says it takes 3-4 business days to transfer money into a bank account but rest assured it will get put to good use, funds are running a little low right now. We've been spending so much time sifting through the ashes looking for stuff(found some of the wife's jewelry) that we haven't really had time to work on the BS inventory list we need to give to the insurance adjuster. How are we supposed to remember everything we had?
We're still stuck in the hotel. The mobile home has been on site for a week now and we're still waiting on the electric company to come out so they can tell the contractor where to put the temp power pole(s). I was actually able to salvage most of my tools(hand tools). We need to salvage everything we can because I'm sure we will max out on our personal property coverage and still not come close to replacing everything. I've already learned a few things that I didn't know about the insurance(and I use to sell life ins). When this is all over I plan on starting a thread on lessons I learned dealing with the insurance company. I have good coverage but I could've had better(like insurance on my ATV for example).
Well I just wanted to thank all of you that donated and/or had us in your thoughts and prayers. Special thanks to Rob for setting this up and seeing it through, and to sewiv for bringing out a sifter for me to borrow(found a couple rings and an emerald bracelet with it). This place rocks, I've been hanging around here for over 3 years now and feel like we're all family, even though I've only had the pleasure of meeting a few of you. Hopefully I have the Bronco roadworthy and can make it to the M&G in Indiana in June, I'd like to thank as many as possible in person.

Thanks again everybody, We love you all.

Bob, Terri, Jessica, Mike, Tyler, Tori

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
That's what a dysfunctional family is for....... :thumbup

·
FSM Lifetime
4,611 Posts
I'd really appreciate a thread afterwards on the insurance part. One of my greatest fears is losing everything that wasnt already stolen from me in the divorce. I have good coverage but heck what is good??? :shrug They have their little loopholes I'm sure. :scratchhe

Hope you keep turning up things you thought were lost and best wishes to yours.

·
Original FSB.COM Owner
9,560 Posts
good to hear from you Bob and i'm glad that things are moving forward for you and your family :rockon

·
Zombie Hunter
13,695 Posts
Ironclad said:
That's what a dysfunctional family is for....... :thumbup
My god if that isn't just one of the truest statements i have read today!

Definitely do the thread up on homeowner's insurance. I got plans for the future, and need to know what to do!

The weather's getting nice, i may take a ride up there to go to cabella's soon, i will give you a call when i do.

And by the way, i did the easy part, it's the rest of the member's here that gave thoughts and prayers that did the hard part!

·
Master of the Estate
3,789 Posts
Good to hear from you Bob! Glad you're able to recover some of the jewlery.

Best wishes to the family.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Glad to help,we will keep you and your family in our pray's.

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
After having been on the site, I'm just thankful you all got out. The destruction was amazing. The 4 wheeler, which wasn't even touching the house (parked out by the deck), was almost unrecognizable. The wheels melted off. Not the tires, the wheels! The engine casing melted!

Keep the sifter as long as you want. I sure hope you get into the trailer soon.

Call me if there's anything else I can do for you, too.

·
Registered
926 Posts
yeah the inventory thing sucks. whenever I write a new homeowner's policy I have a pamphlet (spell?) I give to my customers and tell them to take the afternoon and walk though everything and write it down, take pictures and then put it in a fire proof safe, make copies and give to either friends or family. It is a pain and I am sure most don't do it, but it would help in the future.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Glad to hear from you!

Please be sure to wear a mask when sifting through stuff (esoecially the kids) because those ashes can be nasty!

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,960 Posts
your welcome man, anytime. Glad we could help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts