Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on the 4wd problem a month ago. Got milemarker hubs and conversion washers and had the shop put them on for 200 bucks. Found my radiator was leaking so replaced that through radiator.com, tip got from here, for only 170, took me 3 hours including a complete exterior truck wash-she was dirty...shop wanted 700 parts/labor.
Now I have to pass cali smog, see how that goes...

But I want to put fog lights, seems like there are two small rectangular area's in the grill area that fog lights can go. Also my deflector is cracked, but usable, just seems time to replace.

SO: what's the best fog light to fit, and hood deflector, including where to buy online. 96 bronco standard grill, 5.8L overdrive.

And if anyone knows when's the time to replace your serpantine belt(they called it a drive belt-that's odd), the shop said it needed to be replaced, but I could not find any splits or wear? I had pointed out to them that it needed to be replaced a few years ago cuz I saw a flaking or splitting on belt. I think they were just trying to get some extra work in?? And when I say a few years ago, I don't put many miles on my Bronco, stilll only less than 90k on my 96'.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
PLEASE dont tell me that even after you became a member here you paid a shop $200 to put a set of MileMarkers in for you.......and you changed your own rad.......the hubs are very easy to do......and you could have replaced the wheel bearings and that while you were in there......:banghead

Here is a link to a site that not only sells the lights your looking for, they also have quite a bit of very good general info re: basic wiring and lighting.
http://www.rallylights.com/

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
wow...wasted 200 bux,...sorry for thast dude...look around the tech forum...u could pretty much rebuild your whole truck with the info in there...i came to this site with almost NO mechanical knowledge a year ago. Since then ive rebuilt everything in my outers, tore my whole rear axel aprt and reset gears(origionally intimidated me), doing a motor swap next weekend, replaced a transfer case, power steerin g pump swap, interior mods, motor mods on my 302 and tons more

ive learned alot from this website... just sit back and listen and let people show you what to do...they are very helpful on here./..now im working at a shop...something i never would have thought possible and i even get to give some technical advise on here now..

you can do so much more with your money...my bronco breaks all the time and it hasnt been to a shop to egt fixed in over a year...except when i wrecked it:doh0715: :duh

dc

·
Registered
343 Posts
DcSkater602 said:
wow...wasted 200 bux,...sorry for thast dude...look around the tech forum...u could pretty much rebuild your whole truck with the info in there...i came to this site with almost NO mechanical knowledge a year ago. Since then ive rebuilt everything in my outers, tore my whole rear axel aprt and reset gears(origionally intimidated me), doing a motor swap next weekend, replaced a transfer case, power steerin g pump swap, interior mods, motor mods on my 302 and tons more

ive learned alot from this website... just sit back and listen and let people show you what to do...they are very helpful on here./..now im working at a shop...something i never would have thought possible and i even get to give some technical advise on here now..

you can do so much more with your money...my bronco breaks all the time and it hasnt been to a shop to egt fixed in over a year...except when i wrecked it:doh0715: :duh

dc

AMEN BROTHER

1 - 4 of 4 Posts