Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1982 FSB 302, c6, NP208 manual, manual hubs, manual windows, 3.00 gears LSD rear, 235/75/15 HK ATM
278 Posts
Buying a Np205 rebuilt isn't too bad. Great time to twin stick it

·
Registered
186 Posts
Really dought the 205 is bad. Unless it’s used for extreme off road and or high HP it’s probaly fine
They really are bullet proof

·
Registered
432 Posts
thanks for that info Derek- good to know!!!- I'd like to think its in the 205 with mine-I swapped out the full time 203 with a 205 from a 79-was told the case is bulletproof and to do just a seal kit only on it.-Maybe its a worn gear or spline???
205 is bulletproof. I have one behind a 600hp stroked big block with no issues yet. We'll see once I get some 1 tons and 44"+ tires on it through.

Reactions: biglog78

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
thanks for that info Derek- good to know!!!- I'd like to think its in the 205 with mine-I swapped out the full time 203 with a 205 from a 79-was told the case is bulletproof and to do just a seal kit only on it.-Maybe its a worn gear or spline???
No worrries man! If a gear wears to that extent then it would be visibly obvious. You could remove the inpection/PTO cover and take a look. I tend to agree with the last couple posts though... the 205 is stout. If you want to check slop, you can drop it to the ground, hold the input still and try to rotate the output back and forth by by hand. There should be a little bit of play, but not much.

Hopefully and likely that everything will point to the same C6 experience that everyone else seems to have, but its good peice of mind to check these off the list.

·
Registered
78 BRONCO RANGER XLT -351M-C6-NP203 TO 205 SWAP -9IN 3.50 REAR
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
21 - 27 of 27 Posts