Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GOD I HATE MY TRUCK!!!:banghead :mad: I just killed the new rearend. I am so mad that I am going to put it up for sale. I have had more crap with this truck . Then my race car and it's always need something. So I am going to sell my truck and get a new GT. I wont even go into my garage.Because I dont want to see the bronco. I got to put up some picture . soon.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
That really sucks to hear that man :cry I liked your truck because it is so similar to mine but hey i can understand i bet your really frustrated with it so i hope you sell it for a good price and and are happy with your new car.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Only the strong survive.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
What I dont understand is why his truck keeps eating rear ends....He has no supercharger or no suped up engine...Last time I saw his truck, the rear end was just BLOWN apart {housing and everything}....

From what I gather now it blew up a big hole in the housing again. Anyone know what could be causing this?

I told him to take it back to where he just had the rear installed. Not even 2 mos. ago....

I was just curious as to why he keeps blowin rears....

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Registered
748 Posts
BroncoBilly96 said:
I just killed the new rearend.

Sounds like there is more to the story then what we are being told. I say if you're getting that mad at your truck, over someone elses work on your truck...then go ahead and sell it.

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
allcruisen said:
What I dont understand is why his truck keeps eating rear ends....He has no supercharger or no suped up engine...Last time I saw his truck, the rear end was just BLOWN apart {housing and everything}....

From what I gather now it blew up a big hole in the housing again. Anyone know what could be causing this?

I told him to take it back to where he just had the rear installed. Not even 2 mos. ago....

Could the answer possibly be this quote from BroncoBilly's SFO page notes:
"I'm 17, I bought it cheap and I drive it hard!"
Hmmm.....

·
Registered
748 Posts
78bronco460 said:
Could the answer possibly be this quote from BroncoBilly's SFO page notes:
"I'm 17, I bought it cheap and I drive it hard!"
Hmmm.....

Well, surely a new mustang GT won't teach him how to drive. Like I said previously, do us a favor and sell your truck. I'll buy it for $50, blown rearend and all...and I'll even come and tow it away.

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
:lolup Thats not nice!!!!!!!!!!!!:lolup

BigNorm quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beans? Sorry! I couldn't help myself. lol :goodfinge :goodfinge :goodfinge

P.S. From watt I gathered he was only doing 45 MPH. :shrug :shrug Dont know, I was not there....{Neither where anyone of you}:twak :twak

·
Registered
326 Posts
The GT's rear (also an 8.8) won't take well to alot of abuse either. If you think the 8.8 in your truck is pricey to replace, wait till you start buying parts for the one in the new GT. They're all IRS now. ;) My 98 GT is bone stock other than FlowMaster exhaust and CAI and it already needs a new crosspin, side gears, spiders, and pinion bearings. On a possitive note....this is a good excuse to swap in a 3:73 gear set :thumbup. If you're gonna play you gotta pay.

When they installed the new rear did they replace the entire axle or just the ping, pinion, carrier, etc? If they just replaced busted parts they may have set the gear lash/contact patch wrong.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yowzaa!!! That blew up real good !! :toothless Looks like the the R&P went and took out the carrier and "inards" as well. definitely lost a C-clip during the melee. Back to my original question. Did they swap the whole axle assembly or just the ring, pinion, and other assorted parts?

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,708 Posts
Coulda been he lost the c-clip and then the spider gears splattered the case cover....:shrug :shrug :shrug

I know he got a different axle completely from his oem. I believe this is his third or fourth rear...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts