Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I didn't know the VSS was located in the rearend sorry :shrug . 9"'s being so used I thought it might work. About those Dana 60 shafts being no better. I agree when it comes to a 60 out of a chevy, they are 30 spline, but if you find a 60 out of a ford from 79 or later they should come with 35 spline shafts plus they don't have c-clips like the 8.8's do. A dana 70 is also an excellent choice and should just about bolt up. Here's a good site to check for axles and the size components they have. The nicest thing about the 60 is the choice of lockers and gears available for these. http://www.drivetrainsuperstores.com/store_categories.asp?cat=34&t1=4025

·
Registered
271 Posts
GTs are pretty sweet. If you get one you wont have to worry about the rear end crapping out. Somebody said they are independent suspension but that is not the case. They are a solid axle 8.8 rear and are much more durable in a car than a big heavy truck. Youll get many years of enjoyment out of it and will be much more reliable than what your driving now.

·
Something Spiffy
940 Posts
BroncoBilly96 said:
I need to know what I need to do for a 10.25 swap.
step one: get the axle.
step two: put the axle under the truck
stepthree: use it!

lol well seriously though, all you really need to get is a adapter U-joint for connecting the D-shaft to the bigger flange, get different rims for the rear (well duh i know, im just listin off my head) you just use the E-brake cables off the sterling, and then all thats left i think is re-calibrating the speedo for runnin on a bigger VSS ring gear. hope this helps.

·
gone fish'n
23,563 Posts
with me looking @ the pictures and what happened just guessing I would say someone is extremely heavy footed. coming onto some high traction areas and blew up the spider gears.

I would have liked to seen what was behind that diff cover.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts