Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 225th Shiftster has been SOLD!....

Morning Folks, just thought I'd hop over here with a little bit of good news----we just sold our 225th Shiftster last week and we're very proud of that. Especially without hardly any advertising. Also we want to say that we really appreciate all of your support and to letcha all know that we have done some updating on our website. There's some more pics in our Gallery (with a couple of customers from both Australia & India), and that we just added a 'Latest News & Announcements' page link (on the Home Page). Also we want to apologize for those of you who are still waiting for their Shiftsters that you ordered recently. We kind of got caught with our pants down about 10 days ago when out of the blue, we sold eleven of these in just three days. Unfortunately we were down to just one left at that time (number one hundred & twenty five. Yeah!) and at the same time, our CNC guy had just stuffed his Harley under a flat bed trailer....at 45 mph. He's busted up but back to work...albeit slowly. But the new batch of mounting plates should be finished by tomorrow, and we'll be assembling and shipping those 11 Shiftsters out by Wednesday. Again, please accept our apologies for the time lag.......:thumbup

Best regards,

Rick

The Shiftster

310-400-04X4

http://theshiftster.com/

(Also fwiw the Shiftster actually fits more than the full size Broncos (up to around 2002/2003). It also works on the smaller Bronco II's, the F-Series trucks, the Rangers, Explorers & Expeditions, some of the small Mazda Navajo and Dodge pick-ups and several different species of GmMC/Chevy trucks that also use a Borg Warner t-case. On top of that, we just found out that the Shiftster works on a peculiar Indian made truck called the Armada Grand.....and also on the 'Benz ML320. Kinda cool).......:toothless

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And Shiftster #139 goes to Alex, in Tuapse..........Russia. Holy crapoly, didn't see that one coming. Now then, just how the hell do I get over to him? Anyone here speak Russian, and live in the Krasnodar Region?.....:toothless

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We finally got around to getting some business cards designed. What are thoughts on this one?

Btw, is this B-man's Bronco? We took this shot at Giant Rock last January----but I truly suck at names......:toothless

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Cool picture, but I think it's a terrible concept for your business card, Ricky. Doesn't say anything at all about the product, looks like you are advertising desert tours. PM me, if you want me to explain further.

BTW, I am a Shiftster owner, and you still owe me a decal.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool picture, but I think it's a terrible concept for your business card, Ricky. Doesn't say anything at all about the product, looks like you are advertising desert tours. PM me, if you want me to explain further.

BTW, I am a Shiftster owner, and you still owe me a decal.

Trust me John, I kinda feel the same way----this stupid product is sorta hard to describe in a short sentence. Which is why I had the cards printed on both sides with a long & boring story on it. Thank gawd that they only charge $18.00 for 500 of them.....:toothless

(btw, is your address still the same? If so I'll get some decals to you this week)......:thumbup

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Free holidaze shipping until January 1st, 2012.....

Alright Kidz, shipping will be free for the Shiftsters until the end of the year, so hurry up and order the Bestest 4x4 Stocking Stuffer now!......:toothless

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Morning Folks, just thought I'd pop back over, say Hi to everyone and give y'all a little update on what's new;

1). At the urging of my Kidz, I started a Facebook thingy for the Shiftster. So if you get reeeeeal frickin' bored some day, please hop over there an check us out. We're building a customer photo album (deposit yours if you want to), it's open to the public and you can comment or whatever the hell you want to there----I don't moderate it so anything (tastefully?) pretty much anything goes. Well, within reason. You can find it by merely typing in;

Shiftster

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shiftster/336281683122583

2). Thanks to Mr. 'Bronco' John Galt, we're going to be printing up a new batch of business cards that he personally designed for us. We really like these. A lot. Thanks again, John.

3). As of last week we have sold & shipped over 225 Shiftsters to our fellow 4x4 enthusiasts world wide. We have many customers in Canada but have also shipped them to Puerto Rico, Australia (Mercedes SUV's, built in Alabama), India (where they fit a truck that's called an Armada Grande), Bulgaria and even to Russia. And that's with an advertising budget of less than a hundred bucks a year. But now we're going to really ramp up on our production and advertising this year, and will hopefully do a few off road expos as well in Kali, Arizona and Nevada in the future. And with any luck at all we may partner up with a rather large West coast vendor soon, which would be pretty damn cool if we can pull that one off.

4). We'll be running a little Labor Day special starting this Monday, so if you're planning an off road or camping trip in September, order your Shiftser now......and we'll pay your shipping for you. Just type in 'Labor Day' in your PayPal notes thingy when you purchase one so that I can keep track of everything.

5). And finally, I went back into the laboratory last week to work on (and re-work) the Shiftster 2. I think I got it pretty much dialed in but it'll take a couple/three more months to have them ready to sell. Hoping for a price point of around $185.00.....hopefully. Will post updates on our F/B page as our progress progresses.

And once again, thanks to all of you who have purchased a Shiftster, to John Galt and to everyone else here who has giving me feed back over the last 30 months or so. It's been greatly appreciated.....:D

Cheers,

Rick

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
I remember when I was rewarded with a Shiftser, that thing has been more than helpful and I keep it in the 4x4 rig just in case still. It served the 91 and now the 96!

I am interested to see more on the Shiftser 2! Probably buy one just to have it!

·
Side step it
1,584 Posts
Morning Folks, just thought I'd pop back over, say Hi to everyone and give y'all a little update on what's new;

1). At the urging of my Kidz, I started a Facebook thingy for the Shiftster. So if you get reeeeeal frickin' bored some day, please hop over there an check us out. We're building a customer photo album (deposit yours if you want to), it's open to the public and you can comment or whatever the hell you want to there----I don't moderate it so anything (tastefully?) pretty much anything goes. Well, within reason. You can find it by merely typing in;

Shiftster

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shiftster/336281683122583

2). Thanks to Mr. 'Bronco' John Galt, we're going to be printing up a new batch of business cards that he personally designed for us. We really like these. A lot. Thanks again, John.

3). As of last week we have sold & shipped over 225 Shiftsters to our fellow 4x4 enthusiasts world wide. We have many customers in Canada but have also shipped them to Puerto Rico, Australia (Mercedes SUV's, built in Alabama), India (where they fit a truck that's called an Armada Grande), Bulgaria and even to Russia. And that's with an advertising budget of less than a hundred bucks a year. But now we're going to really ramp up on our production and advertising this year, and will hopefully do a few off road expos as well in Kali, Arizona and Nevada in the future. And with any luck at all we may partner up with a rather large West coast vendor soon, which would be pretty damn cool if we can pull that one off.

4). We'll be running a little Labor Day special starting this Monday, so if you're planning an off road or camping trip in September, order your Shiftser now......and we'll pay your shipping for you. Just type in 'Labor Day' in your PayPal notes thingy when you purchase one so that I can keep track of everything.

5). And finally, I went back into the laboratory last week to work on (and re-work) the Shiftster 2. I think I got it pretty much dialed in but it'll take a couple/three more months to have them ready to sell. Hoping for a price point of around $185.00.....hopefully. Will post updates on our F/B page as our progress progresses.

And once again, thanks to all of you who have purchased a Shiftster, to John Galt and to everyone else here who has giving me feed back over the last 30 months or so. It's been greatly appreciated.....:D

Cheers,

Rick
So Rick any word on the "Shiftster 2" yet? If not, how about a little clue as to the changes. Is it something you can operate from inside the cab or maybe outside still but with some kind of a cable so muddy areas wouldn't be so ugly? Thanks! :thumbup -Kevin-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts