Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep... Parked in front of the bar I go to & someone decided to throw a brick threw the window And rifle thru my center counsel... Im thinking it was an ex or it was a hate crime... Either way it sucks... At least it was the window & not the tires... Also no insurance here so I get to pay out of pocket for this... & just as I get asked to be in a Mag...

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dam....that Bites! you did call the cops when you found out right?
Yes I did... He was cool & let me drive home like that & I was buzzed...Good thing is that where they got the bricks & the way they had to walk to get to my truck is on cam...Will see that later today

·
Super Moderator
26,951 Posts
yo,
Time for me to install my dust collector Vid Cam and spare x10 and buy a 12v DC DVR.

Good luck!

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Quality windshields that don't distort vision in the corners aint cheap-

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found windshield for 75 bucks... hope have it fixed this week.. now I have to find a cheap beater do drive to the bar so I get no more damage.... so dont want the tires slashed

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
any thing on the video, can you tell how it was? that sucks i hate people who screw with other people stuff. thats one of the reasons i do what i do for a living. hope you get it fixed soon. what mag are you going to be in and when?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
any thing on the video, can you tell how it was? that sucks i hate people who screw with other people stuff. thats one of the reasons i do what i do for a living. hope you get it fixed soon. what mag are you going to be in and when?

I haven't heard if they looked at the vids yet... The bar is pretty slow at doing that..

Bronco Driver mag... They want my camo 4 door & my 79 that was in the 98 TTC... Will be some time before they are in there... I just talked to someone the other day about it

·
Local # 40 Boilermakers
15,785 Posts
Quality windshields that don't distort vision in the corners aint cheap-
I know that for a fact :toothless I could have went with china glass but I wanted to go with ford glass. From what the guy said ford glass is thicker fits the frame better and doesn't distort. Bottom line you get what you pay for.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,298 Posts
FORD still sells the glass?

That sucks muddog! Haters gotta hate... but I'd be seriously pissed off.
Congrats on the rag spreads. Gonna have to get a script one of these days. :toothless

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,536 Posts
FORD still sells the glass?
Actually, they don't. What it comes down to is the place that manufactures the glass new...either here or in China. I was considering a new windshield for the Ranchero, and I can get one for about $180, plus the cleanup of the frame and install would put it at around $320, but I found out it's Chinese manufacture. A Carlite brand would be US-made, and follow the pattern exactly.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Im getting used from a junkyard... $65 & up Im finding it... then whatever the cost to install.. 1 thing I didnt learn from my dad was to do auto glass..

Hope to have it fixed by Wednesday & with in the next 24 hours I should know who did it...

I hope it was my ex & not a random hater( if you know what I mean)..

Im really not pissed at all about it.. Im more pissed that I cant drive any of my rigs because they really dont blend in...LOL

·
Super Moderator
26,951 Posts
yo,
Windshield Replacement Diagram & Instructions in a 78
Source: by Indybronco (Lula Mae) at http://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/media/306843

==
As for the Glass, in case others need info and Ford prices; WS, TG, side and vent; Ford says;
Choose Ford Motor Company Genuine Replacement Glass for assured fit and easy installation. All replacement glass is designed to provide clear visibility and filter UV and IR radiation entering the vehicle interior.
Built to fit and work to our high standards
Guaranteed optical clarity
Proper curves and seals helps ensure a precise fit to prevent leaks, rattles and wind noise
Windshield glass is laminated to help prevent shattering
Side window glass is safety tempered
Retains the vehicle’s original interior noise-reduction performance
Search all Ford Motor Company Genuine Replacement Glass by vehicle application, VIN or part number

1 - 17 of 17 Posts