Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bronco

78 Bronco 351m with Granny 4 picked up for 1500.00

And then the tires I got about an hour ago for 700.00 look how thrilled my fiance looks LOL

·
OMF
2,954 Posts
37" TSL Super swampers??

Those look familiar! haha

Great looking rig there brah!

·
OMF
2,954 Posts
38x12.5 but thanks
Measure them, they are closer to 37! they run a little small, great tires BTW, are they the radials or bias?

What are your plans? 6" lift obviously, what else?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually IDK on the lift thinking I can fit them with 4" fitting 33's with no problem now and I am not against a sawzall with some kind of flare. I am just not big on the huge lift small tire. I like a tire that fills the fenderwell but can get stuck up in it as well. It is what I have done with all of my other projects in the past.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As for plans here is the list:

Lift (whatever size I come up with)
Onboard air system (wont make that mistake this build)
Bumpers Front and rear (might be a latter modification due to price)
Install of speakers and head unit
Winch that may come with bumpers
Roll bars
Axles if I break the HP44 AND 9" with the 38's

That is about all I have come up with for now I would do lockers and axle stuff but that will come with tons when they are needed.

·
Super Moderator
6,648 Posts
Nice looking Bronco you have there. Too nice to be cutting up with a sawz all. I think you will need to do that if you only go 4"'s and try stuffing those 38's in there. Really depends on wheels and backspacing. Good list of things to do by the way. Fill in the rest of your data ie city and state. Lastly welcome to the site.

·
Registered
153 Posts
You should be able to stuff them with 4-5" of lift with a tiny bit of trimming, I had 5" of lift running 39x18's. And now it's got the same lift and 37's and has room to spare, I could lower it 1 1/2" and still clear them.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
That bronco looks too pretty to cut up... Go with a 6" lift and save those fenders :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
That bronco looks too pretty to cut up... Go with a 6" lift and save those fenders :)
X2.. IMO that bronco is way to nice to cut up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Picked up a set of superlift 6 inch lift leaf springs for 150 today so 6" lift it is. Hopefully no cutting will be involved. I will post pics of the springs and the install when it happens thanks for the advice guys.

·
OMF
2,954 Posts
Picked up a set of superlift 6 inch lift leaf springs for 150 today so 6" lift it is. Hopefully no cutting will be involved. I will post pics of the springs and the install when it happens thanks for the advice guys.
Awesome! Good choice, that is a purdy Bronco.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys yea wanting to put some of the deaver 6" coils and RA drop brackets, steel braided lines and C bushings and shocks and drop pitman think I will have it all then.

·
OMF
2,954 Posts
What about the rear, Shackle flip and add a leaf or 6 " leafs?

No blocks for sure though right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well the 38's went on today. They are a little snug without a lift yet LOL. Oh well it will do fine in a straight line for now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Installed a radio and 4 new speakers today. I am getting new shocks for the 6" lift does anyone know the type or kind I need?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts