Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bite me Spongebob :smilie_slap

Just had the BEST day ever...well, not ever, but in a while. I got to play with the Bronco all day. Tinker around and do those things you've been wanting to do for a while kinda day....

Ever have one of those days where you feel like you got SOMETHING accomplished...although it didn't start out that way, it sure ended ok....in my book...

Here's how it went (with pics)

Took my new Lund Visor apart, and found the wiring is crap. No biggie. I'll investigate calling LUND tomorrow. Seen Uncle Stosh mention in another post about calling them and they sent him the lighting kit. If not, I think I can replace the bad stuff pretty easily and put her back together. I just see no point in reinstalling it without redoing all the wiring... Do it right or go home kinda thing.

Sanded her down today with a fine grit, prep solved it and cleaned it up real nice and painted it. I'll have to say, I was VERY SURPRISED with the Paint. It was the Duplicolor Jewel Green (matched the paint code on my door jamb). I mean, it's no Dealer Paint or nothing, but for 5 bucks, I could COMPLETELY see myself painting my ENTIRE truck with that vs spending 4k on a paint job. Here's how she looks now... hopefully a phone call tomorrow will bring me a Visit from "Brown"

Onward and upward....to the topper. I actually painted this TWICE today. :shocked (yeah, I start my days early)

I first painted it with Jewel Green which really IS a GREAT match to my paint job for being aftermarket paint.

It came out nice, but I just wasn't digging the topper the same color as the truck... Sanded her a bit, cleaned her off, ran up and got some metallic Black. :shocked MUCH NICER!!

:rockon Ok, enough fumes. Moving on to the wheels...

Booooo.... :cry Nice wheels, (crappy auto hubs - relax BKO'ers, it's on my list) but PO just drove this truck across country and didn't really have any plans on taking care of em...

so a couple hours with a Powerball Mini, Drill & Mothers Mag polish.... Well, it's a start. I REALLY need to take the wheels off to get the center part, but Time just didn't present the opportunity today... Yayyyyy...

You may have noticed between the 1st pic and 2nd pic of the green vs. black topper I just posted... it DID get waxed throughout all of this :) Oxidized REALLY bad and quickly since my last wax job (couple months) so I'm going to be researching what I can do to save what clear coat I have left....

Did I mention I actually painted the fiberglass top while it was on the truck? I've seen that question posted more than once... Simple enough to do. I just got a piece of stiff plastic from a tool thingy I just bought (blister pack material) and slid it between the truck/topper and sprayed... Cardboard would work just fine too! Voila... finished Product. Also removed/painted/replaced spare tire hinges.

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,697 Posts
Some prefer black, some the body color (whaddya do about a Ramcharger/Prospector?), but either way, came out aces! So did the visor. As for the wax job, it's gotta be done at least once a month. You could try any of the newer liquid waxes for a quick coat, then do a full job every three months.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some prefer black, some the body color (whaddya do about a Ramcharger/Prospector?), but either way, came out aces! So did the visor. As for the wax job, it's gotta be done at least once a month. You could try any of the newer liquid waxes for a quick coat, then do a full job every three months.
Well, I've been using Mothers Cleaner Wax with Caranuba (can see it in the 2nd to last pic on the back of my Rig) - Good stuff, but I think I might try waxing it with regular wax now that it's all cleaned up. I put it on with a machine, take it off by hand, and polish it with one of those sheeps ass wool bonnets :)

It's softer when it comes from the sheeps ass :histerica

·
Engineer
13,383 Posts
Nice work. Your Bronco looks great

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
WOO HOO! New Lighting on the way... Thanks to Uncle.Stosh - Saw his suggestion to call the manufacturer...while doing a "lund visor" search :)

So the new parts are coming from Lund I guess in Georgia...and will get put together maybe this coming weekend. Muwahahaha

·
Registered
506 Posts
nice job...quick question, I like ths stance on your rig and was wondering if you had a lift...I didn't investigate much as you can tell, I am lazy what can I say..lol

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No lift...yet... but one is in the works eventually. The 33's on there now really SHOULDN'T be on there, but the Previous Owner put em on there and tilted (forcably) the front bumper so I'm not changing nothing till those tires wear down a bit. Then either I'll lift it, or drop tire size down. Would prefer a lift, but still researching it....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.