Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

301 - 320 of 358 Posts

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Now I have a question for you guys. The inner structure at the bottom that supports the motor in the window mechanism it's rusted away I have no clue what it looks like. I don't know if it's supposed to float or is it supposed to be attached. Anybody got an ideal

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,500 Posts
That might be tough to find a diagram on the old '78 tailgate internals but copying off the newer ones that are more available might be a better route anyway. No idea if it's all the same or there was any room for improvement. Don't have the time right now to dig around for a diagram but that would likely shed some light or give some idea. I can't imaging it's a floating part though. That's a lot of weight and pressure over time to just be danglin' around.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Right on Josh that's perfect. Thank you for all the information

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #305
Well here it is finally found my donor. Now the work really begins. It's a 96 F250 4x4 with 168,000 miles on it. I'll still have to Source a D60 front.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
I fabbed up some little kicker legs for the back bumper still need to drill the holes in the frame and the bumper they also work as the mud Shield support

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
Yeah I didn't think I was going to go this far either but here I am. It's just these cab supports it's the easiest way to get to them I guess. I use a back bumper off a 96 Jeep TJ for all the patches it was just about the perfect dimension

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,574 Posts
Making your Bronco good with Jeep Parts, lol....
Looks like good as use as any for stuff laying around (asuming bumpers where as such)
Curious to see the finished heat and noise reducer coating once your done.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #318
I've got all the metal work done on the body and yes I used Jeep metal, hardwood display a metal, and some 79 Bronco metal. I have the first coat of sound deadener sprayed. And the bottom of the tub primed.

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,510 Posts
Im happy with the HNR in my 96, it works pretty good. Absolutely no heat comes thru the floor. It doesnt quite match a full stock interior in the rear though, in regards to noise level. Theres a little bit of a drone in the rear from the 35s. Up front you wouldnt notice a difference from stock. My 88 has it on both sides of the tub, so hopefully that one will end up even quieter. If you have the time, id spray both sides of the tub. As far as im concerned a vehicle cant be too quiet inside, especially for long road trips or when trying to listen to your spotter offroad.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #320 (Edited)
Yeah it's too late I've already sprayed the bottom of the tub with its first coat of bed liner. I going to do two coats of the sound deadener on the front cowl and inside the cab itself and one coat of bed liner over the cowl and inside the cab. And I'll do 2 coats of bedliner under side of the tub. I know how loud the 7.3 diesel is so I'm just trying to quiet it down a little bit. I also heard if you do the valve covers it quiets down a little bit also.

301 - 320 of 358 Posts