Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

361 - 367 of 367 Posts

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
451 Posts
Great work man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #364
Thanks guys, one of the reasons why I purchased this truck as the donor not only the low miles on the diesel engine 168000 compared to the gas motor that I pulled which had 240,000 on it. All the fuel lines and the brake lines are new. I've got them all pulled and the wiring harness from under the truck. Absolutely no fun working under that rust-bucket. Anybody need a new diesel side tank for an F-250?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #365
I've got the last coat of paint on it. I couldn't remember the air pressure I used on the gun the last time I sprayed it. So I cranked it up to 40 PSI and sprayed it and I don't think there's really a difference. But there was a lot more tree pollen in the air and a couple of bugs. It's not noticeable when you're looking at it but if you rub your hand over it you can feel the pollen I'm pretty sure it'll all buff out. Still not happy with a color match but I do like the color better than the original. Eventually I think I'll color match bed liner whole truck.

·
Super Moderator
14,888 Posts
I've got the last coat of paint on it. I couldn't remember the air pressure I used on the gun the last time I sprayed it. So I cranked it up to 40 PSI and sprayed it and I don't think there's really a difference. But there was a lot more tree pollen in the air and a couple of bugs. It's not noticeable when you're looking at it but if you rub your hand over it you can feel the pollen I'm pretty sure it'll all buff out. Still not happy with a color match but I do like the color better than the original. Eventually I think I'll color match bed liner whole truck.

pretty damn good for a driveway paint job..this is on my to do list..just need to get motivated to knock it out.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,052 Posts
I think you did pretty damn good but driveway jobs always suck ime. Unless you can get it all sprayed in a perfect 24 hours, which is exceedingly rare and even when I've scored that... there's a curious bug or a fisheye that pops up out of nowhere. Also, color matching to faded paint is practically an art form. I'd have probably recommended cutting through any oem clearcoat that was left, then a good wet sand prep and fresh spray over the existing coats to blend it all together and do justice to all the time and effort you've already put in. Could still be done... if you're really not satisfied with it and you're feelin' "uppity". ;)

361 - 367 of 367 Posts