Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 324 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just read thru the whole build. Great job reusing old parts. Great ideas for the bumper especially the hub for the tire swing. I think I'm going to steal that idea for mine.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Dave, looking good! Nice job on the bumper.
Thanks Gary
Just read thru the whole build. Great job reusing old parts. Great ideas for the bumper especially the hub for the tire swing. I think I'm going to steal that idea for mine.
Thanks, steal a way

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
My buddy and I went camping last weekend in W.VA. had a good time. Here are a few pics of the weekend.
loaded ready to go.
Got set up about 10p.m.
It was a nice spot with a little stream behind us.
we did fire a few rounds off.
I know this pic doesn't look to bad. But there is a 3' drop off right their Timmy had to drag me out with his winch.
packed up and heading home. On the ride home lost oil pressure about 30 miles from home. Had to park it at a buddy's house for a few hours and go home and get the trailer. Now I'm pulling the motor from the parts truck for it and hope it's good.:banghead

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Looks like a great time. (Except for the last 30 miles) That camping box is neat. Not so good for departure angle. Is it hooked on the shackles or the reciever? Did you shoot all those different rounds, ooh-rah.

Hope all goes well with the engine.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Looks like a great time. (Except for the last 30 miles) That camping box is neat. Not so good for departure angle. Is it hooked on the shackles or the reciever? Did you shoot all those different rounds, ooh-rah.

Hope all goes well with the engine.
Thanks, in the last pics that a pretty steep incline with a tight turn at the bottom and the box only dragged a little bit. Its hook in the receiver the straps are to keep from bouncing around. Yes we did shoot all those different rounds between the 3 of use we had a small arsenal.:thumbup I got the motor pulled.
that's nice

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
A little update, motor is in but it's not the parts bronco motor. It's the motor out of my black bronco. My black bronco is going to go a different direction as in a 7.3 diesel but that a another build.

I had to get a new flex plate for the 460 ,C6 combo.

Hacked though the inner fender well for the headers.

I still need some different muffler to quiet it down a little bit.

The exhaust dumps out the same place as my bronco.

I also picked up a 52" light bar, and built some brackets to mount it at the roof line.

I must be getting old It seem to take a long time to get this thing running again. But I'm ready for some fall wheeling and camping.:thumbup

·
Registered
293 Posts
bonsai_dave -

Newbie here. First I've seen of an exhaust tip going through a body (versus beneath it). Was this design to allow for a couple more inches of fording water?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
bonsai_dave -

Newbie here. First I've seen of an exhaust tip going through a body (versus beneath it). Was this design to allow for a couple more inches of fording water?
No, its not for water. Its more for ground clearance.:thumbup

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
6,486 Posts
These two trucks are great. Really like seeing someone else making stuff with scrap and "normal" tools.

Do you have to cut the body tub underneath to run the exhaust out of the rear quarter panels like that?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
These two trucks are great. Really like seeing someone else making stuff with scrap and "normal" tools.

Do you have to cut the body tub underneath to run the exhaust out of the rear quarter panels like that?
Thanks, I just had to beat one seam over with a B.F.H. but this tub is pretty rusty.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Light bar turned out great. It's nice when you can build your own stuff!

Is that a Red and White Bronco in the background? What's the story on it?
Thanks, Mark. Yes it's a bronco. It's a spare tub that will be getting a frame off resto. One day.:thumbup

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Forgot a pic of the light bracket. I used the bracket that came with the light with a simple tab on the back side to tie the two together. This way I keep all the index tabs on the light and the lights bracket. So it will not rotate.

61 - 80 of 324 Posts