Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This truck was only supposed to get some wider wheels when I got it last month, but I think we all know how that chit goes. Ended up w/ 6" superlift with rear springs and extended RA's, superrunner steering, 4.56's w/ rebuilt axles, warn manual hubs, trailmaster shocks, and some 35" Cooper A/T's on some eagle fake beadlock bling. I think I need to add another inch of lift in the rear? The ride is awesome, and I kept the swaybars on so it still handles like it did stock. The 4.56s felt crazy as hell driving home from my buddy's shop on the 31"s, it was 2300rpm at 65mph in OD. Very happy with the way it turned out, it doesn't look like a grandpa truck anymore. :thumbup
Before:

After::chili: :chili: :chili:

·
Dead Horse
5,931 Posts
damn it looks sweet! great job! :thumbup

that thing is killer

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Ahhh... much better.

·
Banned
1,692 Posts
wow does that ever look sexy now

so you find that the 4:56's with the 35's are a good mix for gears? what size of engine are you running too?

the reason i ask is i'm gonna hopefully be going up to 36's this year but leaving room for 38's when it's done and said and i only want to regear once. i'm debating btwn 4:56's and 4:88's

(sorry for the hijack)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Sweet ride dude...very sweet...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kitty said:
wow does that ever look sexy now

so you find that the 4:56's with the 35's are a good mix for gears? what size of engine are you running too?

the reason i ask is i'm gonna hopefully be going up to 36's this year but leaving room for 38's when it's done and said and i only want to regear once. i'm debating btwn 4:56's and 4:88's

(sorry for the hijack)
It feels just a little bit faster on acceleration w/ the 4.56/35" than w/ the previous 3.55/31" combo, notice no difference on the highway. 351w motivation

·
Banned
1,692 Posts
have you noticed any difference if fuel economy with the 4:56's and 35's or do you find it bout the same as the old 3:55/31" combo

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Kitty said:
have you noticed any difference if fuel economy with the 4:56's and 35's or do you find it bout the same as the old 3:55/31" combo
It's only been done for a few hours, don't know

1 - 20 of 55 Posts