Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1282 Posts

·
si vis pacem, para bellum
3,514 Posts
at first i thought it was 5500.............. i didnt see a problem...... then i saw the other 0................. holy fawk he skipped crack and with to meth

·
Registered
61 Posts
This is a cool idea, but within a week we won't be able to see the awesomeness. Maybe it might be worth screen shoting these bad boys for future generations. :popc1:

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
IF thats a legit Cobra R (Seems to be) thats actually in the ballpark. Like the window says, 1 of 300 gutted out factory race cars.
Its worth a whole lot more than that 55K.... if it's a legit Cobra R, which everything I can see checks out. Theres a guy who has one here who brings his to the car show by my house who's told me he's seen em going around $75-100K

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,438 Posts
Its worth a whole lot more than that 55K.... if it's a legit Cobra R, which everything I can see checks out. Theres a guy who has one here who brings his to the car show by my house who's told me he's seen em going around $75-100K
hmmmm did not know. It's crazy to think because I thought the Shelby certified GT500s would go for more than this Cobra Rs.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
hmmmm did not know. It's crazy to think because I thought the Shelby certified GT500s would go for more than this Cobra Rs.

The Cobra R holds its value wayyy better than a certified Shelby, with the exceptions of the older Shelby's of the 60's.

From my understanding, the Cobra R was actually a production "test mule" for lack of better term Ford used for consumer research on the 5.4L they put in the Ford GT. All of the 300 made came with the 5.4L, however they were all cast iron blocks with the aluminum heads similar to what the Ford GT had.

Also, a lot of the fun facts on that Cobra R is they all came in Performance Red, all stripper models with no radio or A/C, had a back seat delete, no cruise control, came with the V6 rear bumper, special powerdome hood, Borla side exit exhaust, large Fuel Safe fuel cell, blacked out headlights, no fog lights but rather special ducting from the fog light holes for the brakes, 13" Brembo brakes with 4 piston calipers up front, and a few more special goodies.

If you wanted to compare it to another rare factory ready race car, its about on par with the old '68 426 Dodge Dart Hemi's

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
1 - 20 of 1282 Posts