Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1282 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Why would you drop 10,000 on a Bronco 2 but leave the 2.9L with the original 5 speed trans? You would think a 302 and a ZF would be the first modification? I would chop the back off this thing and ride the hell out of it...… poor man's classic Bronco

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,180 Posts

·
Premium Member
470 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,518 Posts
Knoxville FSBers, for sale on FB on “Bronco parts for sale or trade” page.

“$1700 Knoxville,TN
90 bronco 351w
2 1/2 rough country lift brand new 35” falkens
Minimum to run it needs a starter and put in time
Bring a trailer and take it home”

·
Registered
898 Posts
Something is up with that one. The Tires and rims alone are more than 1,700. You don't put that kind of hardware on a turd you would sell for under $5,000. Maybe with a blown motor and slipping transmission... but you would have already pulled the tires and rims.

·
The Tennessee Warden
2,518 Posts
Yeah I bet the wife is pissed or something! He just went out and dropped a dime on rubber and that was the last straw! Looks like he put on the mirrors too, so he may have put some time and money into it. The wheels might be rattled canned wagon wheels, but can’t tell from the pic.

:shrug who knows, but if I were nearby I’d probably at least take a peek at it.

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
i'm close if anyone is seriously interested I can go inspect it. I do not want or need it. It would be sometime next week before I could get to Knoxville. Lemme know. It does look questionable though. I mean with those tires and all.....I agree with the y'alls observations. It just might be too good to be true.
I went to look at a 67 Chevelle in Madisonville TN one time that was …"in decent shape for its age." I told the guy I was bringing a trailer and I did not want to waste my time and gas on a rust bucket. He assured me it wasn't too bad. When I got there the only thing holding the sheet metal together was bondo. The only thing that wasn't rusted was the VIN plate on the firewall.:smilie_slap

I told him I should bill him for the gas. Just be honest. Some fool will buy this.....just not this fool:thumbup

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
i'm close if anyone is seriously interested I can go inspect it. I do not want or need it. It would be sometime next week before I could get to Knoxville. Lemme know. It does look questionable though. I mean with those tires and all.....I agree with the y'alls observations. It just might be too good to be true.
I went to look at a 67 Chevelle in Madisonville TN one time that was …"in decent shape for its age." I told the guy I was bringing a trailer and I did not want to waste my time and gas on a rust bucket. He assured me it wasn't too bad. When I got there the only thing holding the sheet metal together was bondo. The only thing that wasn't rusted was the VIN plate on the firewall.:smilie_slap

I told him I should bill him for the gas. Just be honest. Some fool will buy this.....just not this fool:thumbup
I had same thing happen to me with two 68 Mustangs shells. Guy assured me the bodies were straight and in great shape. When I got there the bodies were straight and in great shape, but there were no floorboards. I asked him if Fred Flintstone was the previous owner. I guess floorboards aren't considered a body part.

1241 - 1260 of 1282 Posts