1321 - 1336 of 1336 Posts

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
3,307 Posts
Nice SA Bronco for sale in MA. $11k

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
320 Posts

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,246 Posts
A company called "CarUnder10K" is selling this bad boy for $9999 which may seem like a lot but you have to keep in mind that it's 351w is making 500hp.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looks nice in the one pic... I found their Failbook page, but can't find anything on their inventory, or that Bronco in particular? Got a link?

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Thanks! Looking at the pics, I would RUN, not walk away from that... at that price, anyway.

No pics of the "500HP" engine. Looks like they shot the whole underside with chassis paint this morning... only the outside of the trailing front shocks are painted, overspray on the springs and shock boots. Camber on the right front tire indicates alignment issues or needing front end work. Non-matching spare tire/wheel. Stupid Failbook pricing and mileage entries.

I'm just guessing here, but I bet it's been converted to a carb, and may not be emissions compliant in many areas. What's more likely: 5sp 5.0l converted to 5.8l, or 5.8l auto converted to 5sp? I don't think there are any factory 5.8l 5sp manuals?

At least the body/paint/interior looks pretty good.

·
Resident Nice Guy
2,246 Posts
Oh I definitely didn't post it to insinuate that it wasn't a scam :) It's 10kcars selling a $10k Bronco with what looks to be an entirely stock drivetrain with a "500hp engine" but no shots of that engine, instead focusing on all the entirely stock elements outside the truck.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wasn't meant to denigrate your post at all. ;)

On first glance it looks pretty clean... I was just hoping a newbie wouldn't read that and think it looked like a good deal, since clean stockers are approaching those prices.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
I'm thinking he should have removed the 2 from that emblem. My initial thought was how do you narrow a dana 60 or even a 44 to fit and then I looked at the wheels and realized the guy is just a step above a sticker guy and uses emblems. Depending on the drivetrain it might be decent trail rig with some different tires.
Swamp

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,002 Posts
20k!? Them Arizona boys be smoking some crazy good shit apparently...

1321 - 1336 of 1336 Posts