·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i am still debating on using 1 1/2 pipe or 2 inch thin square tubbing

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
What's with the verticle lines in the middle?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hat is 1 inch square tubing cut 3 inches long to seperate the 3 1/2 inch square tubing

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
hat is 1 inch square tubing cut 3 inches long to seperate the 3 1/2 inch square tubing
Good to see somebody trying to do something unique but I dont really like the idea

·
Lick my balls
13,023 Posts
It has potential, I guess.
If I were you, I would use the mounting plate (to your frame) to not only join the two tubes together solidly, but you could also make it your tow point as well. One solid piece is better then two seperate pieces, but also it will make your bumper more solid as a whole

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
If I were you, I would use the mounting plate (to your frame) to not only join the two tubes together solidly, but you could also make it your tow point as well. One solid piece is better then two seperate pieces, but also it will make your bumper more solid as a whole
I dont like variety of shapes and different materials. Could just be a personal preference. I would put the 2 pieces of tube together and skip the verticle square tube

·
Registered
1,024 Posts

If you intended on gettin yanked out when you get stuck, make the tow point strong as Fu*k. The more solid the bumper is, the less chance of something or just one part bending or breaking. KISS, keep it simple stupid...

·
Registered
604 Posts
first off, what year is it for? What kind of truck is it?(dd/ strictly mud...)

Make your "d rings" mounted directly onto your frame mount using 3/8 minumum, having your frame mount 3/16 minumum. That way, you really dont have a whole lot to worry about as far as your tow point for the rest of the bumper opposed to welding d rings onto any part of the metal.

When you do that, you can go as thin at 10 ga(1/8").

I think you need to bring in a picture of a front view of a bronco and build your idea from there. right now, your grating really doesnt follow much for lines and doesnt serve much purpose as it goes around the lights. Also, with that big of stretch of grating, I think it would be flimsy.

If your drawing is comming from stock you already have, then I would cut the ends of them at 45's, than add a 2" or whatever size you need to tie the two together. For instance. say you have tubing which is 4" wide, and you want the bumper to be 10" wide. Your spacer will be 2" Look at 90beaters rock sliders. Thats what I mean. If its for a 70-86, I think that would look alright being they are flatnosed. But then again, if you go that far, you might as well do two bends via top view by the lights.

We need more info to help you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is for a 86 bronco that is going to get a littile bit of everything mud, rocks, trail, highway. The frame mount is going to be were you see the arrows center of that iam using 1/4" flatplate and attaching it to the frame right below that on the bottom tube is were iam mounting the D-Rings

Attachments

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,785 Posts
Too funky for me. I cant wait to see the finished product and I like how you are being unique. It just doesnt tickle my fancy, sorry. I like solid, one piece front bumpers.

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Looks too much like it wasnt meant to be on the front of a truck. It doesnt fit any characteristic of the front end.

·
Registered
243 Posts
bumper

I would just like to clarify ,you said you were going to use pipe for your front bumper ? i was wondering if you meant tube ? or are you in fact going to use pipe ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would just like to clarify ,you said you were going to use pipe for your front bumper ? i was wondering if you meant tube ? or are you in fact going to use pipe ?
Square Tubing for the lower part is definate but i dont know if i want to use 1 1/2 inch pipe or 2 inch thin square tubbing for the rest of it i still havent decided yet but no matter what i use when it is done i fell sorry for anything that gets in my way :toothless

1 - 20 of 82 Posts