Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Bronco, 4.9 inline, 5 speed mazda. skyjacker level coils + 4 shocks on 33x12.50 A/T on 15x10
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi yall
my 90 bronco 4.9 has been giving me egr codes for a few weeks (dont have the codes on hand). id like to delete it as ive already removed the A I R pump and will remove the injection tubes when i redo my leaky exhaust system. What would be the best way of removing the egr completly while avoiding running lean and engine codes? ive seen somewhere where you put a resistor on a connection but id like to know how yall have done it and whats the most reliable way to do this. Thanks yall very much!

·
Registered
90 Bronco, 4.9 inline, 5 speed mazda. skyjacker level coils + 4 shocks on 33x12.50 A/T on 15x10
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any one?

·
Super Moderator
25,018 Posts
Yo Nater,
The EGR valve and its EVP Sensor don't interact with the A I R pump, its tubes or TAD/TAB solenoids, etc.

Eliminator Overview, Block Off Plate, EVR, CANP, TAB & TAD Actuator Eliminator Resistor & Parts List & pics; by Ryan M. @ RJM Injection Tech » EGR Eliminators
"Works on 5.0L Mustang, or ANY other Ford engine that uses the Light Gray EGR valve position sensor; which has a closed reading of 0.24 – 0.67 volts. Without this the computer will assume the EGR is stuck open when removed, causing a rough running engine."
Plus, "75 ohm 3watt Resistors can also be used to eliminate the EVR, CANP, TAB & TAD solenoids."

HOWEVER;
In EGR Eliminator Installation Manual @ Wayback Machine
Ryan advises, "When performing computer Self-Test after installing this kit it is normal to get code:
33 / 332 EGR valve opening not detected. "

□¤□
Member RC Dan wrote, "
Heres the resistor values and a diagram for deleting the EVP.

I've done this to a few trucks and it works great. The engine runs like it should and it doesn't throw codes(except for insufficient EGR flow). So the above along with resistors to replace the vacuum solenoids and you should be set.

Edit: BTW, putting the resistors in just gives the computer a constant "closed" signal. So it thinks everything is closed and off. This is important for it to adjust the fuel and spark curve correctly. If you did nothing and just unplugged it all, the computer will still adjust as if its there."

¤□¤

EVP Location in Engine Bay Diagram in a 90 4.9L Page 1
■□■

Let's see if anyone else has disabled the EGR System and not seen Codes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you, this is great. for anyone els id like to hear yalls opinion or stories on deleting the egr.

·
USAF C-17 Maintenance
'94, '92, '88, and '84 Broncos
6,958 Posts
I deleted with a homemade plate and a 3/4inch pipe plug. It went from 9mpg to 10. Still haven't bought the foolers, but a check engine light doesn't bother me.

Adrianspeeder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts