Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any way to stop it and retain stock springs or do I need to get deavers or nationals? im going to raise up the shock mounts and start searching for shocks. could it be the swaybar?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one is stock with procomp shocks all around.
soon to have turned beams and a 3'' coil
not sure in shocks they will be 2.5 maybe FOA.

my last project had a autofab frontend like yours and stock rear springs with a fliped shackle. cal pre fun swaybar. and 2.5x12 race runners. It didnt buck like mine when it was stock.

·
Registered
71 Posts
One thing that helps greatly is uptravel from ride height. You can have the best shocks and the best springs in the ass end that money can buy, but if you only have 3" of uptravel from ride height it means nothing. Get a good set of Deavers on there. Soon I will post pictures, at the moment my Bronco has 12" of uptravel from ride height with Deaver's set up for 4.5" of lift from stock height. This is actually the most uptravel I have ever heard of out of a leaf spring set up, usually you have to 4-link to get that much out of anything. But I predict when the truck is loaded down with spares and full of fuel once the springs settle I will end up with around 9" from ride height.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
yours is autofab right.
Yes. Sorry it took so long to respond

One thing that helps greatly is uptravel from ride height. You can have the best shocks and the best springs in the ass end that money can buy, but if you only have 3" of uptravel from ride height it means nothing.
Ditto. Trucks typically buck because they run out of travel.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im going to go with a f150 spring and solo shackles and some spacers.

I am looking into getting some FOA 2.5x12

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was just looking at that if I did FOA , I would have to make new top mounts.
I wish the price was the same. Im going to look into bilstiens as well.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, upper shock mount on the truck, I did one before and raised the mounts about 3 inches, it went up and across the frame rails and I mounted the reso to it. It seemed to work well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts