Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
OMG IT RUNS
528 Posts
Those are great pics! They look like professional pictures for ads and magazines! I guess it's the lighting that makes them look that way.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
did you weld the tabs on already or just tack them on? the reason i ask is that in that last pic they look like they arent lined up down the center groove. are those tabs for the trac bar? my only worry on my D60 was that mounting the trac bar on the axles centerline would put it a few inches farther back than the stock point. it may be different since you are doing the whole thing and in my case i am just trying to get the D60s mounting points to match the D44. but i still think the C tabs should line up down the center line.

i dont want you to think i am hijacking your post, but i wanted to tell you thanks. and i hate you. thanks cause seeing how fast you are doing this swap is what is making me get mine started just tonight. i have had the D60s for a while. i put the rear one in finally after the 9" blew but only after driving on the D44 for a while. they i just did the 8 lug the same weekend. i have just been slow on the D60 cause i want it to go in as smoothly as possible. my tabs have the radius arm mount cast in. the only thing i dont have is a good idea for a drag link or ends for it... oh and i hate you because you are making me work on this and i am sure to get no sleep or peace of mind til its done. thanks joe, i needed a kick in the pants.

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
one of my profeesors at the college told me one time "a little hate is good, it builds character" then he handed back a test I took the day before.

anyways, the tabs are welded in place. with a 2 degree adjustment. (good idea at the time) Terror right now.

the little tabs are for the track bar, which i am mounting parralel with the axle itself.

I have more pictures to post, but I may not get to them till tomarrow.

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
looking good Joe. it may be just the picture, but i was looking at the tabs and the little groove down the center of each tab. one pic that you posted just doesnt look like they are lined up down the middle and it caught my eye. it may affect the way the adius arms and bushings fit up. just wanted to point it out while its still easy to fix. AXE

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
84excursion said:

Still have the rear d60 for sale, plus anything else left on the truck
I think it'll be time for a road trip sometime this winter :thumbup I'm kinda thinking about the grill/grill shell, fenders, doors, windshield glass, brake booster and m/c, steering column(if it's a tilt). I can certainly add more items to the trade deal, if it appeals to you :deal

If you haven't done it already, have you thought about using the donor's front rear spring hangers, for a rear shackle flip on yours? Do you already have a rear D60 under yours??

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
dont forget the radiator. if that donor had the BB rad, you will run cooler.

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well htere is not much left of the 79 now, a couple of guys came over with some "cash" (a word that is highly used and sought after but is also a commoditiy that hardly ever exists in klamath falls) They bought the rear 60 and I told them to grab any other knick knacks they wanted fromt he truck. (the grill is brocken, and there are a bout a billion cracks in the rest of the crome and front end.

But as you where saying, no I am not holding on to the shackle mounts.

I bought a kit from SKY's man. (before i found out about the group buy.)

And then i Have a ford 10.25 from my 91' repo standing buy,
so when the sas is done I have 9"to10.25" swap on hand.

most likely another month or two before I gwet to drive again

1 - 20 of 37 Posts