Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Bronco XLT, 5.8, Auto Everything.
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm just putting this thread here to have an easy place to link all my "Flipping Idiot" threads.

In short, I have few mechanical skills, I'm learning as I go, and I'm hoping the stories might help inspire someone else in a similar situation. I know it can be somewhat disheartening when a forum such as this is full of so many people with so many skills and so much experience that I lack.

1. A flipping idiot installs his own: Wrangler Power Dual Battery Tray
  2. Flipping Idiot 2: Electric Boogaloo (A Flipping Idiot installs his own center console)
  3. Flipping Idiot 3: 3 Fast, 3 Flipping. The Flipping Idiot Upgrades His Cockpit seating
  4. The Flipping Idiot 4: LED Bulbs and The Kingdom Of the Crystal Skull
  5. The Tensioner Arm Strikes Back: Flipping Idiot 5

·
Super Moderator
29,800 Posts
Yo BIG,
I can't wait to see part 4!
Consider merging all and new projects into a Build thread, if you haven't already.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@miesk5 , To be honest, I hate those "mega threads" as one finds in the build forum... too many topics being discussed over each other...makes it really hard to find information years later.

However, if you wanted to move this thread into the Build forum, I wouldn't complain... the "chapters" would remain shorter and single-purpose, and the side conversations would be here.

BTW, Chapter 4 will either be vacuum line work, or sound deadening and carpet replacement. Not sure which yet.

·
Super Moderator
29,800 Posts
Yo BIG,
Upon further review, I like this "index"!
We could move it to the build section.

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
208 Posts
I just did sound deadening and carpet. Wrapped up the carpet install yesterday. Haven't driven it since as my rear window quit yesterday and it was raining. I ended up using Kilmat. It worked well, at least as far as installing. I did the 80mil, and while some trim panels had to be have some pressure applied to find the screw holes, it all was pretty easy.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the "carpet" (actually a vinyl floor covering) and some Kil-Mat in my garage... I just don't know if I want to pull the seats and console out right now, since I just got them in.

I also figure there's going to be some big holes to patch when I pull the back seat out...

The vacuum line replacement can be done over time in small bite-size bits, so I'm thinking that might be the place to go next.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yo BIG,
Upon further review, I like this "index"!
We could move it to the build section.
If you're still willing to move it to the build section, I'm in. The more I think about it, the cooler that sounds.

I've started Part 4... although I expect it will take a while to finish, and I'll likely end up doing Part 5 at the same time... because I have more of the hardware needed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the past month, both my Soul and my Bronco died... and I was able to fix each of them for about $120, plus some time crawling around in the engine bay...

It's hard learning how to do this crap as an adult with limited prior experience, but it's a damn good feeling...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts