Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

The Front Bumper

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  godless 
#1 ·
If you can call it a bumper. I was surprised at how the stock grille still fits; I wasn't planning on using it at all. The only stupid thing is that it covers part of my nifty little expanded steel steps. I could trim it more but I think I'll leave it.

The bling Harbor Freight rock lights:

There's still a lot of little things to do, I need to hook up the winch, locate the ps cooler, figure out what to do with the front of the inner fenders and bolt on the tow hooks (Beerman doesnt' know it yet but I'm short a tow hook so I'm gonna borrow one of his that's sitting on my shop floor).

It's definite booty fab, the closer you look at it in person the more flaws you see, but it's exactly what I wanted believe it or not; I just felt the old unit hung too low and stuck out too far

See less See more
#6 ·
Marauder said:
Hijack
Hows that synth winch rope? Is it better than the wire?
/Hijack
Seems to work so far.... altho I can't say I've done any monstrous pulls with it. It's a bit frayed down near the hook... I think from Moab in October. Apparently you can fix/re-braid it yourself, but I havent' investigated yet.

If I was doing a lot of mud and/or running a 12k winch I don't think I'd trust anything but good 'ol steel cable.

#11 ·
Ahhhh...Ummmm...Yeah, I'd use it i suppose. :goodfinge

#13 ·
:stupid

#14 ·
Looks good bud. When you starting on mine? JK.
The tow hook is all yours. I will trade it for a custom booty fab bumper like yours. In fact i will throw in the other tow hook for free just cause i am a nice guy.

I am vey impressed with the way that turned out. You are the man. You never cease to amaze me. Booty fab or not, you know your shit brotha man.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.