Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody been to The Great American Park in Auburn, AL? I have heard about it and plan to check it out soon. I'm just tring to get some feed back as to if the place is any good. THeir web site seems ok and they have a couple of videos posted on You Tube, but that don't mean much to me.

Any info would be greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Been there. It's a pretty cool place. I have pictures of a sneak weekend that a few friends of mine and I got invited to. They are building a rock course too. It's turning out to be a pretty cool place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I might head over there this weekend. Their website says they will be open Saturday weather permitting.

How big is the place? I use to go there when it was Pin Oaks and golf. Lots of good times. Ha ha. Did they use the whole property?

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Been there. It's a pretty cool place. I have pictures of a sneak weekend that a few friends of mine and I got invited to. They are building a rock course too. It's turning out to be a pretty cool place.
And you didn't invite me....................? I'm offended....

I've heard it should be pretty cool. Def ready to spend a lot of time there this summer...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well come on out and join in!!! We can all have a good time. If they are open I hope to be getting there around 4:00. Let me know if you are going to get to come out too. This could be a a lot of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I can't make it this saturday. BUT... I'm hoping I can go next sat... and if not then i'm only taking 3 hours this summer so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to go after next weekend!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Paul I would have but I got the phone call Saturday morning around 8:30 and we met at 9. There wasn't much out there then. He had just got started with it and only had a few mud boggs. Now he has really changed things up and it's looking nice.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
sounds awesome. i'm thinkin about putting the doors back on.... i'm not sure i like them off.... so then i can protect my pansy ass from flying mud..

it has been a very long time since i actually went mudding.....

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Next time I head out that way I will let you know. Dont know if I am going to be able to make it this weekend but I am going to try too.

I am with you I need to get out and wheel. Work is driving me crazy. Also if you want to do some wheeling at GreyRock come on up in May for May Madness. Should be a good time.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I'm there man. Shoot me a PM and I can give you my email. I plan to spend most weekends this summer offroading or at braves games. haha.... so with this park close by, grey rock, and RITS..... I think I should have a fun summer!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I guess nobody is going to make it out this weekend. I have something else to do after work. I'm not working next Saturday. I plan to head over there then. Anybody else want to join in?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I actaully am heading out there tomorrow I think for a little while. Just to check out all the new stuff they have done. Let me know if you decide you want to come out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you get to go out there yesterday? If so have they added anything? I still pan on going this coming up Saturday.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yeap made it out there for a little while. Had a great time wheeling. Had little carnage out there. Rolled a buggy, broke a shaft, and got several hung up on the rocks. They have done a really good job at creating a nice little place to play on the rocks. Some trails are very hard others are pretty simple but still require some thinking. I will post videos and pics later.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Yeap made it out there for a little while. Had a great time wheeling. Had little carnage out there. Rolled a buggy, broke a shaft, and got several hung up on the rocks. They have done a really good job at creating a nice little place to play on the rocks. Some trails are very hard others are pretty simple but still require some thinking. I will post videos and pics later.
Sounds awesome. I plan to go this Saturday. Hope that works out...

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Anyone still planning on going? Drove by today on the way to the gun range. So now I know where it is. I'd like to go tomorrow and might bring a friend who has a jeep. We'll see, I don't wanna go alone so who all is going?

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
well, I guess no one wanted to go. I didn't end up going, wish I had but I decided to come see my mom for mother's day. Anyway, I'm up for the next trip basically any weekend except memorial day. Yall just let me know!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Yeah wasn't a good weekend for me either. I was on the road with mothers day and all.

Paul pm sent btw.

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Well we went today! Had a fun time! Place is really cool with some awesome mud, another cool mud pit and some rocks we barely even scratched the surface on. Said they will be open every weekend from now on and might even have concerts and allow camping pretty soon! Here's a video we took on my phone since I of course forgot my camera...

Well, the video isn't working right now, but I'll post some pics in a second and find a way to link to the video...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts