Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I loved the Matrix and Matrix Reloaded was very entertaining but this piece of crap tonight :banghead . What were they thinking. It became a Sci-Fi Chick Flick. They should have named it the Matrix Steel Magnolia Revolutions.

All I can really say is enjoy the first 10 minets of the movie if you go because the rest is lame and suck a$$.

One last thought about this movie:uke:

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
That's about what I figured for the last movie... I wans't impressed with the second one, and decided the third one isn't worth the bother

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
my wife and I couldn't even finish watching the second one... and we rented it! The second time the characters turned into comic-book-heros-come-to-life, we had to shut it off, we were laughing too hard at it to pay attention to what the story was. And your single opinion on this assures we won't be bothering with the rental either. thanks for saving me 5 bucks! :thumbup

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
Both the first one and the second one were great, same with the third. You have to understand the movies really well to get it everything. Matrix has done so many things with 3d effects also..... they spawned so many new techniques we didn't see until the matrix came out.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Come on guys you need to appreciate the positives of living in the gehto. $1 for any movie for 5 days. new release, dvd, vhs and all $1

·
Registered
787 Posts
Both the first one and the second one were great, same with the third. You have to understand the movies really well to get it everything.
:stupid

I've got mixed feelings about Revolutions. I saw it earlier today, and thought it was just OK.

I remember thinking the same thing about reloaded after I first saw it, and now tha I have it on DVD, and have seen it dozens of times I think it's awesome!

I think the reason why Revolution got the reviews it did is because you really have to follow the story line in order to really like it, and I don't think the average movie goer can pay attention enough to get everything that happens... especially at the end of the movie.

I'm sure that just like Reloaded the more times I see it the more I'll like it.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not to be a snob but I went to film school...until they kicked me out(long story). I have studied theatre and film at 3 different Universities and have been in the entertainment industry professionally for more years then I care to remember. One thing I have painfully learned is, if your story turns to crap at the end there's no amout of flash and trash that can fill in the void.

Remeber, one of the fist movie trilagies that gave us ground breaking special effects also gave us a lame ending and Ewoks. Ewoks...you have to be kidding.

So in my uneducated opinion and in simply terms it breaks down like this:

Matrix Revolutions = disapointing crap.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,875 Posts
Andy351 said:
hey michigan boy, ever hang out with shady? hes from the ghetto, yo
Nope, I've say 8 mile real close to 8 mile, it's fun to watch the movie and remember the areas in Detriot. It's also funny to see out of state people miss some of the points in the movie.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Not to be a snob but I went to film school...until they kicked me out(long story). I have studied theatre and film at 3 different Universities and have been in the entertainment industry professionally for more years then I care to remember. One thing I have painfully learned is, if your story turns to crap at the end there's no amout of flash and trash that can fill in the void.
Remeber, one of the fist movie trilagies that gave us ground breaking special effects also gave us a lame ending and Ewoks.
With all those credentials one would think that you of all people would be able to spell trilogies correctly! :toothless

BTW.. the original Star Wars trilogy is probably the most loved, and most successful trilogy in movie history... ewoks and all.

·
Registered
787 Posts
One thing I have painfully learned is, if your story turns to crap at the end there's no amout of flash and trash that can fill in the void.
Oh yeah.. In Revolutions I don't think that this is the case because there was a story, and it didn't turn to crap. I just don't think that most people understood what was happening.

·
Registered
112 Posts
ValkariaKid said:
I think the reason why Revolution got the reviews it did is because you really have to follow the story line in order to really like it, and I don't think the average movie goer can pay attention enough to get everything that happens... especially at the end of the movie.
The only part of this movie that makes any sense at all is the fight for zion. Nothing else makes sense.

I just got done watching it and I have to say that it was a terrible movie. The action was very well........funded and cool, but the story sucked. Infact, the story was not even there except for the trying to save zion. This movie seemed like it got thrown together really quickly. The trainstation crap was pointless...anything that wasnt action was pointless filler. Should have been just action, or actually wrote a decent ending for the story. The ending was so lame! :twak

Oh yeah.. In Revolutions I don't think that this is the case because there was a story, and it didn't turn to crap. I just don't think that most people understood what was happening.
lol...then what DID happen????

By the way, did anyone else notice that the train station scary guy was the gyrocopter pilot from Mad Max 2? :cool:

and about the origonal Star Wars trillogy...I used to love the movies when i was a kid. Now when I watch them they suck. I like attack of the clones for all the action though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts