1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAATTT!!!!
2,976 Posts
not bad

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I have actually seen this tank, as it is right here on Okinawa. It truly is as beautiful as it seems in the video. They said that this is the only aquarium to hold more than one whale shark. Hard to imagine, but one of these whale sharks nearly covers that entire glass wall. From where they are shooting the video, there are three floors which to sit on, and a restaurant just to the right side of the room as well.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
well in the atlanta aquarium had some whale sharks in it. so this isnt the only aquarium in the world with it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
That's pretty cool.
But when he said "take it full screen", I couldn't help but think of those emails you get where something jumps out at the end. So I was trying not to get too involved. I didn't watch it all the way through but I'm happy to report that nothing jumped out to scare the sh1t out of me.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
I saw the nat geo show build it bigger I think where they were building this. Watching them build that window was awesome. Would love to go there in person to check it out.

·
Retired
16,027 Posts
well in the atlanta aquarium had some whale sharks in it. so this isnt the only aquarium in the world with it.
Your right. I worked on the Ga Aquarium..

Aquarium Exhibits.
Georgia Aquarium exhibits are comprised of more than 8.1 million gallons of fresh and marine water in five main galleries: Georgia Explorer features rays, sea turtles and sharks in touch tanks; Tropical Diver is a gallery-like exhibit of jewfish, seahorses, eels, jellyfish; Cold Water Quest is home to polar animals like beluga whales; and the River Scout exhibit is where the regional environments of Georgia are recreated, plus features exotic varieties like electric fish and piranha. Ocean Voyager is the fifth major exhibit space and the world’s second-largest viewing window. The Ocean Voyager exhibit features stingrays, hammerhead sharks and whale sharks, the world’s largest fish species, living in more than 6 million gallons of saltwater. Walk through the 100-foot-long underwater tunnel for an unforgettable experience of underwater sea life.

According to this Ga Aquarium is the largest in the world???
http://www.gatechhotel.com/georgia-aquarium.asp

The one posted says it is almost 2 million gallons..

The tank is named ‘Kuroshio Sea’ and it is the second largest aquarium tank in the world. It holds 7,500-cubic meters (1,981,290 gallons) of water and features the world’s second largest acrylic glass panel, measuring 8.2 meters by 22.5 meters with a thickness of 60 centimeters. Whale sharks and manta rays are kept amongst many other fish species in the main tank.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts