Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I haven't researched this too much yet, just something I noticed while on my lunchbreak

Quoted from MSN Auto -
Ford Motor will be calling 2004 “The Year of the Car.” To back up this claim, the company will bring out no less than six new models by the end of next year. Headlining at the Detroit show will be the new Freestyle crossover vehicle, the Five Hundred sedan and the fifth generation of the Mustang. Most information on these three vehicles has been embargoed by Ford; however, we can tell you that the Mustang is based very closely on the concept shown at last year’s NAIAS. Ford recently announced the return of a partnership with Shelby; speculators are wondering whether there may be a high-performance version of the new Mustang unveiled in Detroit this January. In addition to these three new models, the final production version of the Ford GT will also be on display, with the first deliveries of this 500-horsepower supercar expected to begin next spring. Of course, there are always a few things that the press have not yet been told about, so expect a few surprises as well.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Please tell me that's not what the new mustang is going to look like.

500 hp is cool and all but that looks like my moms car :wtf

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I said!! Didn't Ford F up the Tbird in the mid-70s, by making that a 4door, for a period of time? Now this... Nope, if I had the cash for a mustang, AND wanted 500HP, I'd rather get a V10 '99-03 Mustang anyday

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
hey dave when you find a 99-03 V10 mustang let me know!

·
In The Matrix
1,896 Posts
Headlining at the Detroit show will be the new Freestyle crossover vehicle, the Five Hundred sedan and the fifth generation of the Mustang
That is from davids message, it says three new vehicles will be "headlining" the detroit auto show.

1) Freestyle Crossover vehicle
2)The Five Hundred Sedan
3)The fifth Generation of the mustang.

That picture says "Five Hundred" so I think they are talking about the sedan there, not the mustang.

·
Wanna see my
4,450 Posts
Yes that is what the new 2005 mustangs are suppose to look like. That five hundred, i dont have a clue what it is, maybe taking the place of the taurus or something. The 500 hp supercar that it was talking about, is the new gt40, its suppose to give the lambo and the ferarri (sp) a run for its money like it did when the gt 40 first came out. But its 160,000 dollars as well. Thats awesome to hear that ford resigned with shelby, now maybe some bad a$$ cars will come out. The new mustang is based on the original fast backs, i dont think well be disappointed with it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
kevinkaseykizer said:
reminds me of a ford contour
it practicaly is. the contour is a american version of the mondeo. when the contour was discontinued the mondeo was redesigned in europe, the jag x-type, mazda 6, contour/mystique, cougar, mondeo and the 500 are all baced on the CDW27 platform. anyone want to read a mini-paper that i did for engish in highschool a few years back?

In 1988, Ford Motor Company made a decision to develop a new global car. Engineers in Europe, the United States, and other countries were already increasingly combining their resources on existing programs with significant results. The similarities between the various world markets also were growing, car buyers on different continents found their product tastes and motoring needs were less different than they had been in the past. And so, the midsize family car program known as CDW27 was developed for many countries. It was named Mondeo in Europe, Taiwan, and the Middle East. Slightly modified, it went on sale in North America as Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.
The Ford Mondeo is among the most successful products from the Ford Motor Company stable and the best selling car in the extremely discerning and demanding European market. The 29 international awards, including 11 car of the year titles in 1998, won by the Ford Mondeo validate the unmatched success it enjoys in the global market. Aristocratic looks, elegant European styling and impeccable German engineering make the Ford Mondeo one of a kind. The Ford CDW27, on the other hand, was a highly sophisticated car with two all-new, state-of-the-art, high-output engines, the 2.0 liter four cylinder and the 2.5 liter six, a new electronically controlled transmission; new electronic traction control; air bags; anti-lock brakes and other technological refinements desired by customers. CDW27 became the prototype for a new approach to product development that is both highly efficient and customer-driven — a global "platform strategy" that uses many common components to produce vehicles that are widely differentiated to meet the varying needs of different regions. This program proved that true globalization was possible, and that customer-focused teams were the way of the competitive future.

·
Registered
632 Posts
i love the new mustangs, maybe they'll bring back the gt500kr and the cobra jets :thumbup

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,535 Posts
I better buy a house before that new mustang comes out or I will be blowing all my coin on that thing. that is going to be a kick ass car, as long as it looks like the concept

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well, obviously that above picture that Dave posted is not of the actual Mustang...Ford wouldn't **** that up, if they did it would surely mean their demise. The Ford FiveHundred is a family sedan suppose to be bigger than the Taurus and the Futura name is also coming back. I believe the Futura model is suppose to replace the Taurus in a couple years time, because it's been said the Taurus is being discontinued...they just don't know when. Wilbur had also mentioned that the FiveHundred looked like a Nissan...which they do look like imports, but if anything they're going to look like Volkswagons...why you ask? Because J.Mays is on the design team, and Ford got him from Volkswagon so there will be some trickle down effect. Ford has also expressed the need to name the majority of their vehicles beginning with the letter "F". This was announced last year at this time and the first vehicle to fall victim to this is the Windstar...which is now the Freestar. "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em" that's what Ford is pretty much doing with their car market, because they're loosing too much money from imports. So you have to put out what the market segment wants. The FiveHundred and the Futura...one or the other or even both is suppose to be optioned with AWD. Ford is expressing more interest in AWD cars and is going to try to do so with the new platforms.

P.S. The Mondeo kicks some major ass...especially when Ford raced it in the BTCC. :rockon :thumbup :beer

1 - 20 of 21 Posts