Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
House of Windsor 4ever!
10,509 Posts
I thought there was an adapter that would mimic one hub or the other, in this case, fit a Ford hub and provide a GM center. If done right, I think it'll be not only good, but actually great. But, if you don't want to go that way, the two front tires can become your rear spare tires, and then carry two of the tires off the Ford axle for front spares. Win win either way.

·
September 15 FOTM
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
IMG_50751 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

IMG_50731 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

20190721_162514 by Angelo Mehtala, on Flickr

making progress.

that sleepers not square, one side has a drip rail and the other doesnt. and neither is the front of the bed from the cab being pushed into it. so the bottom corner of the driverside of the bed hits the cab. should be easy to cut bed back and reweld

·
September 15 FOTM
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I thought there was an adapter that would mimic one hub or the other, in this case, fit a Ford hub and provide a GM center. If done right, I think it'll be not only good, but actually great. But, if you don't want to go that way, the two front tires can become your rear spare tires, and then carry two of the tires off the Ford axle for front spares. Win win either way.
the ford hub is bigger then the chevy so it would have to be a adapter spacer, which i am against. i found out the front wheels arent finished on both sides so they can only be on the front. so im am just going to get them machined to fit the ford hub.

·
Erik
1,845 Posts
This thing is gonna be awesome. I’ve always wanted an older ford ramp truck but they are almost nonexistent. Seems like all the ramp trucks I find are chevys. Almost bought a ford rollback a while back but I don’t like all the extra hydraulics and higher deck height. Once this thing is done you need to load the bronco and head up north for some wheeling.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,437 Posts
the ford hub is bigger then the chevy so it would have to be a adapter spacer, which i am against. i found out the front wheels arent finished on both sides so they can only be on the front. so im am just going to get them machined to fit the ford hub.
As far as i know, the adapter bolts in place of the wheel, then the wheel gets bolted to it. Just has to be big enough to clear the lockout.

You can run those front wheels in the rear inner position without seei g the unpolished backside.

·
September 15 FOTM
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
holy crap your ford/chevy/truck/hauler is going to be enormous
Its only 35ft lol

This thing is gonna be awesome. I’ve always wanted an older ford ramp truck but they are almost nonexistent. Seems like all the ramp trucks I find are chevys. Almost bought a ford rollback a while back but I don’t like all the extra hydraulics and higher deck height. Once this thing is done you need to load the bronco and head up north for some wheeling.
I see ford occasionally dont think ive ever seen a dodge though. But both of them especially with a hodges bed are ridiculously expensive. They allways seem to go for 5,000+. Rignt now in definetly under 2000 after selling the extra chevy parts. Definitely plan on taking the bronco up north with it.

As far as i know, the adapter bolts in place of the wheel, then the wheel gets bolted to it. Just has to be big enough to clear the lockout.

You can run those front wheels in the rear inner position without seei g the unpolished backside.
My inner rears are steel. Also i dont think the fronts have enough offset to be in the rear.
I dont want any spacer with this much weight i dont trust them.

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
12,437 Posts

·
September 15 FOTM
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
41 - 52 of 52 Posts