Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
June of this year my co worker sold me a 1995 bronco Eddie Bauer edition with a 302... he was in the mood to upgrade and well kind of ran it in to the ground. Bad brake bald tires and well many other little things but can’t really blame him for that and well some of the issues I knew about before hand but just didn’t care cause well bronco... oh and sorry the motor swap was when I thought he I am going to do a build forum so I kind of only have before and after photos of most things not all the stages of the projects that came earlier

First project tackled was the brakes which he told that they were bad but due to lack of cash and well car I drove around on them for about a month before I could replace them. No pictures of new but do have some of the old rotors cause well it blew my mind how bad the were... swapped old out for new drilled and slotted rotors and new pad and calipers.

After that I picked up some wheels for fairly cheap and ordered some raptor liner from amazon(love this stuff)... the plan was get some tires and well bed line the top black because well the faded tan was making belle look washed up but well that took a different path I liked the stuff a lot and if you want a textured top I would recommend raptor liner adds more of a rugged look and well deadens the sound... well I loved it enough I sprayed the new wheels with it... well about two weeks later I took a little over two hour road trip to pick up so used setJune of this year my co worker sold me a 1995 bronco Eddie Bauer edition with a 302... he was in the mood to upgrade and well kind of ran it in to the ground. Bad brake bald tires and well many other little things but can’t really blame him for that and well some of the issues I knew about before hand but just didn’t care cause well bronco... oh and sorry the motor swap was when I thought he I am going to do a build forum so I kind of only have before and after photos of most things not all the stages of the projects that came earlier

First project tackled was the brakes which he told that they were bad but due to lack of cash and well car I drove around on them for about a month before I could replace them. No pictures of new but do have some of the old rotors cause well it blew my mind how bad the were... swapped old out for new drilled and slotted rotors and new pad and calipers.

After that I picked up some wheels for fairly cheap and ordered some raptor liner from amazon(love this stuff)... the plan was get some tires and well bed line the top black because well the faded tan was making belle look washed up but well that took a different path I liked the stuff a lot and if you want a textured top I would recommend raptor liner adds more of a rugged look and well deadens the sound... well I loved it enough I sprayed the new wheels with it... well about two weeks later I took a little over two hour road trip to pick up so used June of this year my co worker sold me a 1995 bronco Eddie Bauer edition with a 302... he was in the mood to upgrade and well kind of ran it in to the ground. Bad brake bald tires and well many other little things but can’t really blame him for that and well some of the issues I knew about before hand but just didn’t care cause well bronco... oh and sorry the motor swap was when I thought he I am going to do a build forum so I kind of only have before and after photos of most things not all the stages of the projects that came earlier

After that I picked up some wheels for fairly cheap and ordered some raptor liner from amazon(love this stuff)... the plan was get some tires and well bed line the top black because well the faded tan was making belle look washed up but well that took a different path I liked the stuff a lot and if you want a textured top I would recommend raptor liner adds more of a rugged look and well deadens the sound... well I loved it enough I sprayed the new wheels with it... well about two weeks later I took a little over two hour road trip to pick up so used set of hankook dynopro mt tires and thankfully they balance out I will continue another day with why and what motor swap I am going with

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so The plan was to fix the rust then the suspension before working on the motor but well on a road trip to ny that plan got changed seeing the ole 302 kind of called it quits leaving me and the girlfriend getting a ride back home courtesy of AAA. Well I took this as an opportunity to swap the 302 to a 351 and make it so the old girl is still using mass air set up. I got a used motor at a junk year with 110000 on her for a decent price and slapped her on engine stand and have been redoing the thing no real upgrades yet figured that she isn’t going anywhere no need to rush the upgrades plus want to get her running before dropping extra money into the motor... I felt going with 351 instead of another 302 cause well time was right and well she may end up with a plow on her to be determined

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the motor in and she runs I got a leak to fix figure out what is going on with the fans so hopefully next week I will be back on the road

·
Premium Member
2,185 Posts
Nice junkyard find, motor is looking good. Fan issues...? a new fan clutch wouldn’t hurt either I f you haven’t done that already

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update been awhile but motor had issues so bent a connecting rod so well now I figured we’ll send it out got her back.03 over and starting to rebuild

Attachments

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright so update new motor is in and runs these some last photos of motor before being hooked up since then I have put a bbk throttle body upgraded to 60lb injectors and been working my way through some issues had when getting the program done... currently getting long tube headers put on and searching for a new ecm cause 99% sure mine is fried...

·
Super Moderator
25,819 Posts
Yo B,
Nice work, thanks!
Although relatively inexpensive, I would avoid Cardone reman PCMs.

Member jermil01 wrote, "In the past I've bought an EEC from these guys before. Good service and fast turn around. Plug in your info and you'll quickly find what you're looking for: Price is pretty reasonable.."
1995 Ford Bronco 5.8L V8 Gas ECM/PCM
¤
G7 Computers @ How Does This Work?
Member gedebohls wrote, " i went with sending my ecu to G7 computers in Canandaigua, NY, the reason i went this way is because i send them my unit, i get my unit checked out 100% and they will then fix as needed. I like this bc I will know for sure if my ECU is or was bad, etc, and I get my ECU back fixed. the cost is $225 plus shipping one way, if nothing is wrong with my ECU i get 100% refund. Once i get my ECU back or get an update from G7 I will update."
Update; "I sent the EEC to be rebuilt by G7 computer and they quickly sent the EEC back saying they replaced a faulty resistor. When the EEC came back I still had the same issues with the bronco , and we spent a lot of time re testing and checking things to only determine that the only possible issue was a bad EEC, so back to G7 Computer. This time they determined a faulty Main processing chip, and stated that the damage was to extensive to replace the main chip, I get it; it is a computer sometimes it is hard to pin point an issue when it is intermittent. My question is; is it just not cost smart for a company like G7 to not want to replace the main chip, or can you just not replace the main chip? So in short G7 sent the EEC back to me and will credit $225 of the $250 saying they get a diagnostic fee of $25, which I also get , "Well sort of get".

·
Registered
158 Posts
Great work so far! Keep it up.
You planning on tuning with a moates or tweecer? The 60 lb injectors will give you fits without tuning. A calibrated maf meter usually only works well up to 30lbs sometimes with 42lbs.

·
Premium Member
1986 Bronco, 351w, Edelbrock aluminum top end, Holley 600, 4" BDS lift, 35" Maxxis Razr's, stuff..
2,556 Posts
Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 18 of 18 Posts