Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be a great site for what is most likely a laundry list of questions I will have as I build through my newest find. A little history, my father purchased a 78 Bronco the year I was born brand new and it is the only long term vehicle I ever remember him having. I remember playing with my hot wheels cars in the back of it as we went down the road, long road trips with him, and family trips all without a backseat lol. He passed away when I was still pretty young and for the last few years I have been trying to locate a 78-79. The search always would end up at a point of finding a total rebuilder for 3/4k or a pristine original in the ballpark of 15k. As luck would have it I showed up at an auction to purchase a tractor a few months back and sitting there with an elderly gentleman on the tailgate was a 79. The wife and I walked over and started talking to the man and after a short discussion I learned he was the original owner. He purchased the vehicle less than 10 miles from where we were standing and the Bronco never really left the area. He had a slightly higher reserve at the auction than I was willing to pay and after dropping 13k on a tractor I left and headed home. It just kept bothering me that I didn't stick around and buy the truck so I reached out to the auction house and they actually knew him and gave me his number. I gave him a call and he was actually trying to get ahold of me. He wanted the truck to go to someone who would appreciate it and after a quick 15 minute call I agreed to buy the truck and set out to get it. I didn't really go over it with a fine tooth comb the day at the auction knowing that we were not there to buy a toy so I had some questions when I pulled up to this house. He wanted to drive the truck onto the trailer and at that time I asked how many miles the truck had. To my surprise the miles were original. I also noticed the astroturf carpet on the floor and asked when it was installed and was it "glued down" to the mat. Less than a week after he bought the truck he layed the astro carpet over the original pad......no glue! When I pulled the carpet up and looked at the pad it was pristine! The truck is now sitting here and I am figuring out what I want to do with it. Anyways that's the story of how my new 79 and I came to be. Its like going back in time when I was a kid to just sit in the truck.....and that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Great story. Looking forward to seeing more of it.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Great story and welcome!

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,716 Posts
Great story! :thumbup

Pictures and Welcome to our Home, Please take the time and click on the "VOTE for TOP 4X4 SITE" so we can get more exposure and Members as yourself...

You can click on "Vote for TOP 4X4 SITE" On the bottom of my signature or go to "Other Forums".

Thanks,
Allcruisen :imp :usa

1 - 11 of 11 Posts