Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a few of I guess what you call a overheating (High end of normal) with a bad thermostat... I changed it out with a new one.. * broke the manafold :( * but it still sealed and is as dry as death valley !
Now the water pump is dumping water out the pee hole on the underside of the pump uuggghhh. Just great !!

Now I'm gonna change out the pump somtime in the next couple days. I just wanted to know what should I be looking for .. or any special ways of making sure everything is seals !

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Just take your time. Make sure you torque everything down and put thread lock or whatever.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Take your time with the old rusted nuts & bolts......soak them with the good old PB Blaster and work them in and out as your removing it....save the heat for the real hard luck ones. Then once you get them out chase the threads, and clean up the bolts or replace(I usually like to just get new stuff for my truck)them with the appropriate tensile strength ones. Just go slow and dont do a half ass job of it!

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
do not use thread lock on the water pump bolts. if it has never been changed i would look for some new bolts first. you can get them from NAPA or car quest for like 5 bucks or so. If you get stubborn bolts be careful and if you break one or two or four like me, it isnt the end of the world they will come out with easy outs, vice grips and pb blaster. as a matter of fact i would start spraying the bolts a couple of times a day to make it that much easier.

ken

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
put all the bolts back in. If not it leaks alot

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well shes in !!!! W00T ! and bone dry !!! W00T ! and not a SINGLE broken bolt !! W00T !!

Thanks guys for your input... my first water pump was easy and done in 2 hours... ( learning curve ).....

The bolts were easy.. as I took them out of the old pump I set them in the same holes on the new pump... took the old pump out of the truck and switched the bolts from the new pump to the old pump... so i NEVER lost track of where they go..

Thanks Again FSB !! ehehe

now to tackel the charging system....:rockon

·
Registered
565 Posts
psygn0sis said:
Well after a few of I guess what you call a overheating (High end of normal) with a bad thermostat... I changed it out with a new one.. * broke the manafold :( * but it still sealed and is as dry as death valley !
Now the water pump is dumping water out the pee hole on the underside of the pump uuggghhh. Just great !!

Now I'm gonna change out the pump somtime in the next couple days. I just wanted to know what should I be looking for .. or any special ways of making sure everything is seals !
where is the water pump pee hole?

·
Bronkin' 'Round!
88 351/AOD/4” ProComp 94 351/E4OD/4” Superlift
2,914 Posts
Ah, so it's like "Woo-Hoo".
Gotcha

1 - 10 of 10 Posts