Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you know I work two jobs and put in a lot of hours. So last night I was burning pretty bad and decided I needed to get 5 hours of sleep instead of my usual 4, so I hit the hay at around 8pm. Sleeping like a baby until my doggy Raider woke me up with his viscious bark. Not the regular bark, but the one the says "Hey Dad, there is someone in the house and I'm going to eat him". So I jump out of bed and check things out, and what do I see...?

The fawking SWAT team is raiding the house accross the street from me. Yeehaa! About 13-15 officers in full SWAT gear, semi auto rifles, the works. Guys in the backyard, guys in the front yard, guys in and out of the house, guys taking pictures, guys collecting evidence, etc.

Since I moved into this house in Feb. 04 we've noticed that house has an aweful lot of traffic, at all hours of the day, so we assumed the house was either a dealers house, a safe house to do drugs, or God forbid...a place to make drugs. Last year we got kinda sick of it and ended up calling the cops, and ended up as a sort of "narc". They wanted us to collect license plate numbers for them and give them to the detective at the end of the week. They had known about the house and its problems but never had enough reason to really do anything. But, one of our numbers led them to a wanted person who was actually pulled over leaving the house. Once they caught him they searched his car and found a sawed off shotgun, about 25k in cash, and an aweful lot of meth. I think this bust made the cops quite interested in the house from that point on.

And now this.

They took the mother away last night, and lots of evidence, so hopefully they will be forced to put her in jail and shut that house down. I just hope that a family will move in or a young couple or something, once that trash is gone my neighborhood will be nice again.

I'll proably fall asleep here at the keyboard today, since I got only 3 hours of sleep instead of my planned 5. At least this is the end of a 70+ hour week for me, I'm going to go home later and celebrate with a beer or 10.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
score one for the good guys!

yeah, you gotta be happy about that. meth lab/dealer/users across the street from you and your family? holy crap. hopefully she goes away for a long, long time. i'd lose a few hours sleep to see a place like that shut down. :thumbup

·
Engineer
13,163 Posts
Cool deal. Get some sleep when you're dead til then stay busy and have fun

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
Jefferson County Missouri, where I grew up by, has the nation's largest number of meth lab seizures in the nation. The ice cream place I worked at in high always had methheads come.

·
Traveling FSB'er
1,099 Posts
I bet it was fun to watch though........... Hard to get back to sleep after that.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Sounds like that was worth the lost sleep BurlSwift

Sixlitre

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
this thread is worhtless without pics.

better get another dog or a gun.

·
Surrounded by Assholes
2,879 Posts
I got woken up last year by a drug raid in the apartment directly above me at 4am. Now THAT scared the shit outta me.

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Closest I came

was driving by a house with 15 young plain clothes men swarming out of vans and surrounding a bungalow.

Even though I'm not a doper I still felt that shiver of relief it tweren't me !

Sixlitre

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
50Gunner said:
Jefferson County Missouri, where I grew up by, has the nation's largest number of meth lab seizures in the nation. The ice cream place I worked at in high always had methheads come.
Duh, what else are people supposed to do in Missouri!? It's the same situation in western Nebraska. Everyone just assumes that drugs are worst in big cities, but it's almost always worse in small middle-of-nowhere towns where kids just don't have anything to do but get into trouble.

Glad to see one more down, though. Good on you guys for taking a step and trying to help your neighborhood instead of just turning a blind eye to them!

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Kick ass Garth! I am happy for you. I knew you and Allie hated those turd sandwiches and now hopefully that house will be done for.

However, IF they are manufacturing Meth in that house, it will be torn down. They cant legally sell the house to anyone because the residue seeps into everything and the house becomes a poison box.
I cant remember all the little details on that law, someone else told me the same thing when we had a meth bust just a few blocks from me, and low and behold the house got torn down and now its just a section of field where the house used to be.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ubermich said:
Duh, what else are people supposed to do in Missouri!? It's the same situation in western Nebraska. Everyone just assumes that drugs are worst in big cities, but it's almost always worse in small middle-of-nowhere towns where kids just don't have anything to do but get into trouble.

Glad to see one more down, though. Good on you guys for taking a step and trying to help your neighborhood instead of just turning a blind eye to them!

Its the same here, the tri county area i live in is the highest in the state of Mich. Peoples houses get busted all the time, they goto jail, get out and start again. Rural areas are definitly hit the hardest by meth. It'd be nice to get rid of meth all together, but if it isnt meth, they'll make something else that can kill people just for a buzz.

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
37,147 Posts
I'm sure there must be words... like, maybe:

"I'm as tired as a narc, across the street from a crackhouse!"

(sounds pretty damn accurate, I'd think.)

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
My good friend had a crack house behind him. He called the cops on every one and even told the people he was going to call the cops. The house is now boarded up. My buddy likes to sit on his front porch and clean his guns. Everyone thinks he's a nut case. If the cops didn't do their job he would call their boss and go off. He has also had meetings with the mayor to complain about other things as well.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
RTM said:
My buddy likes to sit on his front porch and clean his guns.
You mean every one doesn't do this???:usa

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
UPDATE

So far so go. Really quiet over there now, she's obviously out on bail or something though since I've seen her a few times, but nothing has been going on over there. Yesterday "someone" came and removed about 3 cars from the side of her house, I think she still has a couple stuffed back there. I've also not seen her 8 year old son, so I'm guessing he's either staying with other family or they took him away from her.

My guess/hope is that she's leaving for good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts