Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a thermactor tube installed on my 315m just behind the the dizzy. It has a valve of some sort where the rubber hose connects to it. My problem is that the valve is so corroded and rusted that the valve practicaly works like a cap for the tube. Has any one every changed these tube assemblys out. I also noticed a 351m in the junk yard with this hole in the manifold pluged. Could I just remove the tube install a plag and get rid of the smog sys. I found a good replacement tube in the junk yard but it was a bitch to get off. I didnt have a braker bar or any wd40. So I had to leave it. James :banghead

·
Premium Member
4,163 Posts
Do you still have a functioning A.I.R pump? If not, then removing the tube in the intake and plugging the hole is not going to affect anything. IF you pump is still good then you woould ahve to remove the belt from that..or remove the pump altogether.

·
Super Moderator
27,251 Posts
since you'll need it for CA emissions:
http://www.pciinc.com/partdetail.cfm?pn=192

also available locally; order their print catalog for other vehicles if needed;
New!
192 Ford Manifold Check Valve

Application
Year Application
77 8 cyl., 5.8, 351, Mercury Cougar, Monarch, Ford Granada, LTD II, Maverick, Mustang and Thunderbird.
78 8 cyl., 5.8, 351 Mercury Cougar, LTD II and Thunderbird.
77-78 8 cyl., 6.6, 400 Mercury Cougar; Lincoln Continental and Mark; Ford LTD II and Thunderbird.
77-80 8 cyl., 6.6, 400 Ford F Series and Bronco.
77-81 8 cyl., 5.8, (351M) F Series and Bronco.
80-81 8 cyl., 5.8, (351M) E Series.
Replaces O.E. D7AZ-9A487-A

Retail Price: $11.20

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW that is exactly what I needed to see, thanks a bunch. James

·
Super Moderator
27,251 Posts
no problem James.
If you need help ask Mary at PCI by e mail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts