Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think James duff has them, I would try them first...

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
With the front sitting 1.5 to 2" higher should I install an add a leaf in the rear to try and level it out again. How bad does it effect the ability for the springs to flex. Its still the stock rear spring with a ruff stuff shackle flip.I hope to install devers when I can afford them. Any help would be great.

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already have a zero rate installed, when I did the shackle flip..

·
Registered
155 Posts
With the front sitting 1.5 to 2" higher should I install an add a leaf in the rear to try and level it out again. How bad does it effect the ability for the springs to flex. Its still the stock rear spring with a ruff stuff shackle flip.I hope to install devers when I can afford them. Any help would be great.
My rear came out 3.5 inches lower in the rear than the front. Did you use 4 or 6" deavers?

To compensate i have 2 add a leafs, the lift block and the stock block in the rear. and its still pullin the gangsta lean, squattin 2 inches in the rear. I think im gonna get a set of 4" deavers for the front. it has 6 now.

oo and with two add a leafs in rear it feels fine. my buddy drove my bronco the other day and was quite jealous that it rides better than his 2003 STOCK f250. haha

·
Registered
155 Posts
You look like you have a little bit of coil bow goin on as well. you gonna shim that?

But BRAVO btw. i love it!!!!!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Nice build. I'm also interesting in what springs you used. Did you build the steering and trac bar or buy a kit?

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used 6" devers up front the early ones, I do have slight coil spring bow but not to bad.. I think with the shackle flip if I add the add a leaf it will sit right at level.. Not sure if that's what I want to do yet..

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The track bar and steering is the ruff stuff kit with the Chevy tie rod ends..

·
Registered
155 Posts
I used 6" devers up front the early ones, I do have slight coil spring bow but not to bad.. I think with the shackle flip if I add the add a leaf it will sit right at level.. Not sure if that's what I want to do yet..
Mine has a little coil bow as well. the coils actually bent the coil cups and made it bow like crazy, so i took them off beat them flat and put this piece of 1/4" steell under them so they wouldnt bend again. Hopefully yours wont bend since you bought the james duff ones. i didnt know this could potentially be an issues until after the fact.

But i didnt angle it as a shim. im gonna take it apart again and angle it to get rid of the bow. Ive been ridin mine for a couple months now doin the gangsta lean... idk i kinda like it.. haha

1 - 20 of 45 Posts