Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I are going this long weekend to support the local economy and what not- probably just for one day, then head north to the big hole in the ground for a few days.

Anything worth wild to do in Phoenix area, or areas to avoid?

-Rob

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
Bring your gun and avoid Sunnyslope...... Bring speed loaders and or extra Magazines-

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright... do i need the speed loaders everywhere or just there?

Maybe I'll just stop in Scottsdale for gas.

Title change! Safe places to go....

·
THE GHETTO VAQUERO
2,449 Posts
Depending on if your bringing kids or not this http://www.racespeedworld.com/glamisstatus/index.html is going on tomorrow night. Me and my brothers are getting together at a sports bar tomorrow and watching the Lesnar v.s. Carwin fight your more than welcome to join us for that. As for snottsdale I tend to stay away from that place. If your interested in joining us I will hold a spot for you. Let me know and I will PM my number. Don't know exactly what you had in mind, Phoenix ain't all that exciting.

·
penis
3,318 Posts
I thought when all the mexicans left az. there was nothing left to do???? Nah to be honest on the outskirts there are some decent camp grounds to camp at BRING LOTS OF WATER to drink and extra coolant for what ever vechicle you are taking.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
I'd take that any day over the 90 and 90% humidity we get here.

Love coming to AZ in the summer for a cool down.:thumbup

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Pass Phoenix and drive to Flagstaff. I've only been to both places once, but from what I remember Flagstaff was way cooler. All I have to say is Phoenix is unbearably hot. Even at night.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Pass Phoenix and drive to Flagstaff. I've only been to both places once, but from what I remember Flagstaff was way cooler. All I have to say is Phoenix is unbearably hot. Even at night.
X2. If you wanna do anything out doors besides have a heat stroke, head to Flagstaff, Sedona, or any of those places in the high country.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
X2. If you wanna do anything out doors besides have a heat stroke, head to Flagstaff, Sedona, or any of those places in the high country.
Done and done-

Gonna skip over Phoenix- Thanks for the offer OL' HANK, but we're going to take a different way and just head norther, maybe go on a Damn tour :toothless

However http://www.racespeedworld.com/glamisstatus/index.html that does look like a lot of fun, ..To all, go there and click on the Photos then go to the wet tee shirt photos :hump

·
Registered
137 Posts
These guys are right...stay out of Phoenix. Instead head east about 20 minutes into Mesa and hit the Salt River for a 4 hour float down the river! I spent the last 8 years in AZ and i lived about 5 minuted from the river, its a good time! www.saltrivertubing.com

·
Registered
805 Posts
I'm surprised none of you have mentioned that he should go to the Great Alaskan Bush Company!!

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,873 Posts
12 years ago my mother moved to Phoenix, The Arizona Biltmore estates to be exact. She loved it there and sent lotsa pix- Then said that if me and my wife wanted to move there she would gladly buy us a house... We moved.. got the house, moved back cause that town sucks soooo bad ! We gladly made payments on the house while living back in California til the house sold. Lesson learned- next time we will happily move to my hometown of oakland ca. It is nicer and safer and you will save a bundle on ammo-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts