Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
posting this here for input since I cant post in the build threads.
1990 Bronco 5.0 auto all stock minus headers and a flowmaster on a stock pipe. Picked it up for $1200.
Tires are shot and windshield is busted.
Started ordering parts today.
I ordered a magnaflow 3" in/out muffler and stainless tip, have an appointment to get a new exhaust put on using 2.25 in head pipes and 3 inch single exhaust, going without cats.
15x8 Unique Wheels Style 42s because they were what I had on my last bronco along with 32x11.50 BFG A/Ts. Set of 5
Also ordering a Powertrax No-SLip for the rear and a Lok-right for the front
Make my own intake set up instead of paying 200+ for one.
Then advance the timing.
Relocating the spare tire inside the vehicle, which only cost me the price of 4 bolts.
Redoing the headliner
Painting It Desert Tan
Way Down the Line I will run a BDS 4 in Radius arm kit w/ new leaves and 33x12.50s along with new gears
My goal is to build a solid daily driver/ family hauler.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Welcome.

Without knowing where you live, make certain deleting the cat won't get you in trouble come inspection time. You should also confirm if you need an 02 sensor or not in that new exhaust.

·
Registered
446 Posts
If your going catless, you can delete all the smog system stuff too, as it is a supplemental system to the converter.
Keep your O2 and EGR intact, though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm actually on my way to picking up the bronco now from the po. I live on Colorado Springs, Co so I have no emissions. I will post pictures soon.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exhaust Parts Came In
Staineless Summit Racing Tip 3in inlet/3.5 inch outlet 12 inches long Slash Cut w rolled edge

Magnaflow Muffler 4 inch round body. Stainless Steel 3 in inlet/outlet, 20 inches overall length

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I ordered some other parts. I have Skyjacker 2" Front coils and alignment bushings on order because my front end is nose diving. I also ordered stock replacement leaves from Bronco Graveyard because my rear is squatting. I need to measure frame to axle tube clearance to know how bad. Bronco graveyard said I should have about 7 inches stock and I know I have less then that. I may not end up going higher we will see how she sits. I am also working on making my own version of K&N's intake, need to get a parts list together. So I will post of pictures as it goes.
Today's agenda is getting the exhaust installed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Measured axle tube to frame clearance. I'm at 5 inches give or take half an inch. So new rear springs will lift it 1to2 inches from where it sagged. Quick question. If im not happy with the height of the springs, Can i take my old springs apart and use a leaf from them to help the mew pack with more height or should i just consider new add a leafs?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Got the new tires installed. 32x11.5r 15 BFG AT on Unique Wheels Style 42s, 15x8 w 3.75 BS
Slick. I'm wanting some simple, black, wheels That I could use with my set of snow tires I have. These look like the backspacing is perfect. How's the handling?

·
Registered
384 Posts
No emissions on Co Springs? I would have never thought that but cool. There are a few of us in the regional forums in CO that have gone wheeling together. You should go with us next summer :) It's fun to have a bunch of Broncos on the mountain.

Nice Bronco by the way!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wheeling trips sounds like fun. Have to do some maintenence on my Bronco. Mastercylinder is wheeping. Also noticed a clunking noise in the front end under braking. Also need to install skyjacker my leveling springs up front and my JBG rear stock springs. Along with remounting my spare tire, cb, rewiring the kc daylighters. Also a clean driver seat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
INTAKE INSTALL
Parts List
(2) 3" Diameter pieces of exhaust tubing, 4" long
K&N Air Filter RF-1012
4FT of 3/4 in heater hose and (4) hose clamps
3/4 male/male heater hose adapter
flat stock
(1) 1/4 x20 nyloc nut
STOCK

RF-1012

FILTER WITH EXHAUST TUBING

WITH HEATER HOSE AND ADAPTER
HEATER HOSE HOOKED UP AS BREATHER

INSTALLED JUST NEED TO MAKE BRACKETS WITH FLAT STOCK

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mangonesailer, totally missed your question. The bronco handles good as it can with sagging springs . I plan on redoing the front and rear springs this week along with radius arm bushings.
I got a few things done today. Mainly inspecting the under side of the truck installing a new master cylinder, and my cb.
removed the tire carrier, not going to need it anyway

installed the cb antenna mount and antenna using two of the old tire carrier bolts in existing holes

antenna installed

I mounted the cb to the factory console and ran the wires under the carpet

next project is suspension and mount my spare tire inside the cargo area
to mount the tire carrier you need (4) 3/8" grade 8 bolts, (8) washers, and (4) nuts.
take this part off your old tire carrier

your next step depends whether or not you have a body lift. my bronco doesn't have a body lift so I will be removing the skid plates and dropping the tank slightly. once the tank is dropped center your carrier mount on the cargo floor and drill 4 holes. the run bolts through them. then reinstall your tank and skid plate.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts