Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the bronco how she looks now. (even though I have the top off all the time lately)

this is what it would look like with the top painted black. Just photo shopped it on. What do you think? Does it look better black? I am going to black out the taillights as well, and add a black spare on the back.

I was also thinking about maybe rhino lining the top, instead of spray paint. good idea?

Thanks

·
LS Swap Everything!
26,232 Posts
Well, your top USED to be black anyway.... The problem is that if you sand it down and paint it, you'll take away the texture on it and it will appear glossy, if you use "matte" paint, it will appear dull.

My advice is to clean the topper thoroughly with the green scotchbrite pads or whatever brand you can find. Find a plastic safe dish soap and use that. It would also help if you sprayed the top with high-pressure water first (from your garden hose, not a pressure washer). Maybe use a wax or polish on it after it's completely cleaned & dried. DaveG seems to be quite knowledgeable about the restoration of bronco tops.

I've sprayed my top with some cheap lowes black paint before, and it looked better, but I will eventually end up cutting my current topper up for a soft top, and getting a "new" topper from a JY. One that isn't cracked from being dropped...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Black would look really nice. It would add a nice tie in with the wheels. I used roll on bed liner for one of my Bronco's tops. Durable, easy to apply, and gave it a nice texture.

·
Registered
254 Posts
black, just clean it and spray it with a matte finish for an oem look

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm likeing the black , so thats my 2 cents. I also agree a bed liner paint would be the best.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Do it black. Gloss black so it is easy to clean.

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it currently faded black or or was it originally gray? In any case black will look good on it - although I like body color on a top too.
I believe it was originally gray. It doesn't look like it used to be black. Don't really know though.

yes black and then do the wheels so they match.
What do you mean do the wheels to match? My wheels are already black...

Sweet soft top. How much does one that style cost?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts