1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,998 Posts
just look for the seat with the brown stain on it and you've got your thief...:thumbup

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jackhart said:
just look for the seat with the brown stain on it and you've got your thief...:thumbup
:rofl: :histerica :histerica

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
:rofl: :rofl: That theif got owned!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
derrick36 said:
That Professor is lying out his ass.
That is probably true, but it is still good.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If it was true they wouldn't tell a whole class let alone tell them how to get out of trouble. Since they already have/had a fix on the notebook contaning information worth potentally billions why ask for it's return instead of busting them NOW. Looks like the proffesor is in deep doo doo for carlessness and is trying scare tactics. Would love to hear the ending to see if it's true.

·
Pissin' into the wind
2,523 Posts
He is definitly lying.

I'm pretty sure that there aren't "transponders" on laptops. And I don't know if there is such a thing as a Fortune 1000 company. And I don't think there is a way to tell if anyone has made copies, and if he has all he has to do is make one copy, make copies of the copy, and return the laptop with the original copy.

Scare tactic, nothing more.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Burl Swift said:
He is definitly lying.

I'm pretty sure that there aren't "transponders" on laptops. And I don't know if there is such a thing as a Fortune 1000 company. And I don't think there is a way to tell if anyone has made copies, and if he has all he has to do is make one copy, make copies of the copy, and return the laptop with the original copy.

Scare tactic, nothing more.
Scare tactic - yes

Transponders for laptops - yes - not built into all laptops

Fortune 1000 - yes

I would have started busting up laughing if someone was in front of me with that speech.:histerica

Also...I think his consulting days are over.

·
Try it now!!
9,120 Posts
Yea why bring all that important data to whatever class he teaches? At my old job one of the operations supervisors had a program on his laptop that calculated chemical clouds' drift and toxicity due to prevailing atmospheric conditions. He couldnt leave the country with it. But he went a step further and didnt leave work with it. Smart man.

·
Zombie Hunter
13,687 Posts
You guys are looking WAAAAAYYYYY to far into this.

Look at the caliber of person he is dealing with. If he is dealing with someone dumb enough to go through the trouble to steal a laptop to save his ass when it comes to exam time (like the exam isn't going to change when the laptop is stolen), he is probably gambling and assuming the kid will believe anything.

I am sure the kid that was dumb enough to steal the laptop was dumb enough to believe that. It was a scare tactic, but it probably worked.

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
That's cool, would be even cooler to see the kid get caught

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
kf4amu said:
Or stand up in the middle of the profs speech and admit it, then break down crying
That would be the funniest thing ever.

·
o[|||]o
11,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
right after that speech, I think the best outcome would be a student standing up and saying "professor, isn't that your laptop right there under that stack of papers on your desk?"

ownage.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
couldn't the dude just dump the laptop?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts